The International Accounting Standards Board (Board)—in conjunction with the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group, the European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies and the Belgian Association of Financial Analysts—invites investors to participate in a joint outreach webinar on the Board’s Discussion Paper Business Combinations—Disclosures, Goodwill and Impairment.
Topics for discussion include:
- Acquisition performance
- Impairment, simplifications and potential improvements
- Goodwill amortisation
The webinar will feature presentations from Nick Anderson, IASB Member, and Chiara Del Prete, EFRAG TEG Chairwoman.
The roundtable discussion will be moderated by Hans Buysse, EFRAG Board Vice President, Chairman of ABAF/BVFA and EFFAS Board member, and feature panellists:
- Steve Cooper, Independent Analyst, author of The Footnotes Analyst
- Sue Harding, Co-Founder - Bailey Network, member EFRAG User Panel
- Marisa Mazo, Senior Portfolio Manager at GVC Gaesco
- Wouter Verlinden, Fund Manager at Value Square
The webinar will take place from 15:00-17:00 GMT on 12 November 2020. The full programme for this event and details of how to register can be found here.
This event forms part of a comprehensive programme of outreach activities to all IFRS stakeholders. Find out more about IASB investor outreach at the IASB’s Investor Centre.