International Accounting Standards Board Technical Staff members Mariela Isern and Umair Shahid presented five key aspects of the accounting model for regulatory assets and regulatory liabilities at the World Standard-setters Conference in September 2019.
The focus was on:
- The core problem we are trying to solve;
- The scope of the problem;
- Total allowed compensation;
- Regulatory assets and regulatory liabilities; and
- The cash-flow-based measurement technique.
For full details of the conference, including all papers and audio from the discussion, please go to the meeting page.