A series of bitesize webcasts on the Exposure Draft Management Commentary has been produced to address frequently asked questions about the International Accounting Standards Board’s (Board) proposals for a new framework for preparing management commentary.
Consisting of five webcasts, this series explains:
- why the Board is developing the new framework now;
- why the proposed new framework focuses on value creation;
- how the proposed objectives-based approach is designed to help management tell their companies’ unique stories;
- the concept of ‘key matters’ and its relation to materiality; and
- the terminology proposed to express concepts in plain language.