Location: Canary Wharf, London, UK; office-based role with flexible, hybrid working offered
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week (part-time also considered)
About the role
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
As a Global Tax Manager at our not-for-profit organisation, you will play a crucial role in overseeing and managing all aspects of our tax compliance and reporting activities on an international level. Reporting directly to the CFO you will help drive and develop our tax management activities in relation to corporation tax, transfer pricing, VAT and payroll tax in compliance with tax legislation in various international locations of the organisation. You will be responsible for ensuring that our organisation remains in compliance with relevant tax laws and regulations whilst optimising our tax strategies to support our mission.
The Payroll Manager (responsible for Global Payroll) will report directly into this role.
Tax Compliance and Reporting
- Oversee and coordinate the preparation, filing, and submission of all tax-related documents and reports on a global scale, including but not limited to annual tax returns, Form 990, VAT/GST filings, and other relevant tax forms.
- Ensure overseas payments are received without withholding tax and requesting relevant tax residency certificates as required.
- Maintenance of tax files based on applicable records retention laws, and compiling correspondence letters.
- Management reporting, including monthly results, quarterly and year-end reports.
- Assisting finance team in the quarterly financial planning and budgeting processes. Analysis and general ledger reporting as requested.
- Preparation and submission of information required by third party organisations, including but not limited to year end.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Identify potential tax risks and issues, assessing their potential impact on the organisation.
- Oversight of compliance activities, fiscal audit and tax related projects.
- Working with the Compliance and Risk Team on various indirect tax issues as and when required.
Tax Compliance Trainings
- Provide day to day tax advisory.
- Provide training and support to finance team ensuring they have a comprehensive understanding of tax compliance requirements and best practices.
- Collaborate with external tax advisors, legal counsel, and government agencies as necessary.
- Manage relationships with external auditors and tax authorities during audits and examinations.
- Manage and coordinate annual Group tax audits.
Tax Research and Analysis
- Conduct research and analysis on tax-related matters, staying updated on changing tax laws, regulations, and industry practices. Use this information to inform decision making and ensure compliance.
- Keep appraised and keep the CFO updated on all tax related matters, ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed and up to date with relevant legislative changes.
- Act as go-to resource in the Foundation for all employment tax queries, particularly in relation to:
- Potential tax and social security obligations arising from the Foundation’s multi location model.
- General tax queries from relocating employees; co-ordination of their year-end tax return support.
- Being the primary point of contact with the Foundation’s global mobility and tax advisers.
- Oversight of payroll team and 3rd party service providers.
- Review and analysis of all payroll procedures and processes to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
Systems and Process Improvements
- Develop and assist with process improvements, system enhancements and operational activities.
Team Leadership and Development
- Review team performance, setting clear objectives and identifying development needs for the team.
- Promoting a culture of continuous learning and professional growth.
Qualifications and experience
- A qualified accountant, ideally with a tax qualification or currently studying for the CTA, ATT qualification.
- Experience in tax management and compliance, with a focus on international tax matters.
- A good understanding of tax laws and regulations in multiple jurisdictions, particularly those relevant to not-for-profit organisations.
- Experience in producing tax disclosures under IFRS in the financial statements.
- Experience in preparing deferred tax calculations.
- Experience of corporate tax, VAT / GST reporting.
- Knowledge and understanding of payroll compliance, rules, and legislations in a multi-country environment and with up-to-date knowledge.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office; proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel (intermediate Excel functions, i.e., pivot tables, sorting, linking, etc.).
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organisation.
- Experience with Business Central.
- Experience with Form 990 reporting and US filings.
Skills and attributes:
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work to deadlines and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to apply judgement, creativity, and flexibility to generate new and innovative ideas and approaches to solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, external advisors, and government agencies.
- Strong ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve objectives.
- Proactive manner, ability to use own initiative, and willingness to accept responsibility.
- Capable of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a varied workload.
- Proactive in seeking guidance when planning or prioritising complex or conflicting tasks.
- Process focussed and methodical manner, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Confident displaying leadership and professionalism whilst being approachable and having duty of care for direct reports.
- Demonstrated commitment to the organisation's mission and values, understanding the unique aspects of the not-for-profit sector.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: Ongoing
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.