Location: Canary Wharf, London (United Kingdom) (office-based role, with flexible, hybrid office/home working offered)
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
About the role
Reports to: Director of Strategic Affairs (Internal Sustainability and Capacity Building)
The Sustainability Manager will lead the IFRS Foundation’s internal sustainability project and undertake activities to embed sustainability across the Foundation’s operations, working with an internal working group and dedicated Taskforce of IFRS Trustees.
- Lead the implementation of the Foundation’s three-year sustainability plan, including:
- the adoption of a robust sustainability governance framework, including an ISO14001 certified environmental management system;
- the development of organisational sustainability policies and related strategies and action plans to achieve agreed KPIs;
- the development of internal sustainability training and awareness raising for staff; and
- managing organisational sustainability performance, including establishing improvement targets, developing internal GHG reporting dashboards and preparing for GHG verification.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders on the Foundation’s internal sustainability project to support this change programme, eg Taskforce of IFRS Foundation Trustees and colleagues within the communications, finance, facilities, legal, audit and HR departments.
- Respond to external supplier requests for information and support organisational reporting as required.
Skills, experience & qualifications sought
- Previous experience of implementing and managing change management programmes, and particularly organisational sustainability policies and programmes.
- Practical understanding and experience of working with ESG and sustainability standards.
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills, including collating, structuring and analysing large datasets.
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including at senior level, to deliver positive outcomes in a timely manner.
- Strong prioritisation, time management and organisational skills, with an ability to work effectively under pressure whilst still maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Willingness to undertake international travel.
- Demonstrable understanding and commitment to the mission of the ISSB and IFRS Foundation.
- Experience in corporate sustainability reporting, GHG emissions accounting, TCFD disclosures, and/or other sustainability performance management.
- Previous experience of engaging with and managing stakeholders.
- Experience in using CRM software (Salesforce).
- Understanding of the capital market landscape, trends and key players relating to sustainability disclosures.
- Relevant graduate-level qualification.
The application period has now closed.