Location: Frankfurt, Montreal, London or US
Duration: 12 months fixed-term contract
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role
As the Events Manager at the IFRS Foundation, you manage the development and execution of online, in-person and hybrid events for the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB). You are passionate about bringing global audiences together to further the IFRS Foundation’s mission. You have proven experience in corporate event strategy, technology, production, and you are as comfortable running corporate virtual events as in-person ones. From the IFRS Foundation’s Sustainability Symposium to the many webinars and virtual roundtables we host and co-host throughout the year, you will manage all aspects of corporate event planning, including identifying the target audiences and objectives of each event, identifying the right technology resources, working with colleagues and external partners to finalise the content and speakers, designing and executing a high-quality event experience, and assessing the effectiveness of the event. You have impeccable attention to detail and super skills in organization, project management, and verbal and written communication.
The IFRS Foundation’s work is fast-paced and while the primary areas of responsibility are as follows, we value adaptability and a collaborative mindset.
IFRS Sustainability Symposium Project Manager
- Lead planning and execution for the Symposium, including managing corporate event planning, production, budget, external event management companies and technology vendors as well as the IFRS Foundation project team.
- Drive the agenda planning process, including leading engagement with the IFRS Foundation’s internal agenda planning committee.
- Recruit and manage speakers.
- Project manage Symposium details, from planning to execution to post-event analysis.
- Manage the production of virtual and in-person outreach events, webinars and roundtables.
- Support all aspects of event planning, including scheduling, registration, venue coordination, technology & AV, budgets and attendee experience.
- Understand the technical needs of events and identify/implement the right resource(s).
- Project manage events, including creating a project plan and timeline, identifying roles and responsibilities, working with content owners to plan and finalize content and speakers, scheduling check-in and debrief meetings.
- Manage the IFRS Foundation’s internal calendar of events, ensuring relevant stakeholders are kept apprised of relevant updates.
- Work with communications team colleagues to market events.
- Research, assess, implement resources and best practices for effective event engagement and presentation.
- Identify and maintain digital event platform which can be used across the IFRS Foundation’s events and support IT team to integrate in the internal system..
- Create and maintain resources to support event planning and event management that other staff can use for meetings/private events (and to support repeatability and scalability of public events and activities).
- Think big to deliver new ideas and creative approaches to continuously improve attendee experience.
- Measure event contribution to the IFRS Foundation’s goals and improve results by continuously refining event strategy and execution
- To qualify for this role, you must have previous professional experience in event planning. We are looking for an exceptional excellent communicator, skilled facilitator, self-driven doer, and amiable team player who can thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Corporate event planning experience; the ideal candidate will also have experience in corporate communications.
- Proven experience leading and managing virtual and in-person corporate events.
- Preferred candidate will have experience managing an annual calendar of speaking engagements.
- Excellent organisational, attention to detail and project management skills.
- Partner-oriented: a great collaborator, communicator and creative problem-solver.
- Highly organised with the discipline to keep track of multiple parallel projects.
- Passion for virtual event technology and an ongoing drive to improve the attendee experience.
- Experience in managing projects that have tight deadlines, limited resources, and cross-functional dependencies.
- Ability to meet the demands of multiple clients simultaneously, balancing speed with quality and accuracy.
- Good understanding in sustainability, diversity and inclusion, and other values of the organization and ability to reflect them to event execution.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: 26 July 2023
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.