Location: Canary Wharf, London, UK; office-based role with flexible, hybrid working offered
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role
Reports to: Enterprise Applications Manager
The team: This role is part of the enterprise applications function which operates as part of the wider technology team.
Working closely with business owners and other members of the technology team in the gathering, documenting and interpretation of business requirements for the configuration & development of the Foundation’s evolving business systems, e.g. Ecommerce, CRM, HR and Finance systems.
- Work with Foundation staff to fully understand their business plans, objectives and drivers and identify where systems and technology can help them improve their services.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external suppliers and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements to deliver technical documentation and designs.
- Developing requirement specifications based on business needs.
- Elicit requirements using document analysis, requirements, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Deliver clear, concise and accurate user stories detailing customer or user interactions, data flow (and origin) and system interactions to support development.
- Provide comprehensive documentation for requirements and effective change management within process to ensure all requirements and dependencies are fully captured and replayed to stakeholders achieving final sign off of agrees requirements.
- Mapping of 'as is' and 'to be' processes.
- Constructively challenge requirements and priorities to support the business in maximising benefit from projects in an environment of continual change.
- Participate in technology change management activities, managing requests and tasks through Jira system, assessing requests for change, business impact and return on investment.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvements in process, services, systems and technology and lead to bring these changes to happen. Map and analyse business processes, recommending improvements and advising on changes required to make best use of available technologies.
- Support and maintain the Foundation’s strategic systems interfaces as part of the business systems team, including provision of ad hoc reports as requested and participating in user groups.
- Proactively lead (be accountable for recognising problems, devising solutions and guiding the business on their resolution) the process to resolve data quality issues.
- Assist with the administration, configuration and migration/population of information into the Foundation’s strategic business systems to support the business as required.
- Good understanding of process and data driven transformation
- Lead workshops and meetings to gain insight and define and capture and agree requirements
Qualifications & experience
- Significant experience working as a business analyst covering both general and technical analysis in a busy IT environment.
- Current qualification in business analysis (ISEB) preferred.
- Six Sigma experience/qualification preferred though not required.
- Experience of the following required business process re-engineering, user story creation, MoSCoW, process mapping, integration mapping.
- Experience developing systems used in the not-for-profit financial sector desirable.
- A flexible approach is needed to meet some business needs as the business operates across several time zones and there may be a need to attend meetings outside of core working hours.
- Any project management experience desirable.
- Any experience of the following systems highly desirable—Salesforce, Adobe Experience Manager, Business Central.
- Experience of elements of detailed systems design, including wireframes, business rules, data migration rules and other technical deliverables
- Assisting with acceptance integration and testing and development of testing plans.
- Facilitating the discussion of requirements among stakeholders and documenting requirements to provide data-driven recommendations.
- Relevant accounting background desirable.
- Wide knowledge of the current technology landscape and trends for applications.
Skills and attributes
- Solid understanding of business process design and implementation and ability to balance customer needs with business goals in developing solutions.
- Proven track record of applying business analysis techniques and tools.
- Full project life cycle from inception to post implementation support. Strategic development and influencing skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Strong experience using Microsoft Visio.
- Strong technical background in systems implementations
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work under pressure and prioritise and manage time.
- Good business relationship skills and stakeholder management.
- Willingness to take on other tasks within a small team.
- Lead on technical requirements meetings, maintaining focus on the objectives.
- Knowledge of project management approaches, such as PRINCE2.
- Ability to translate complex solutions to wider non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Problem-solver, conflict-resolution skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience.
Closing date: Closed