Location: Location: Frankfurt am Main (Germany) or Montreal, Quebec (Canada) preferred. Other IFRS hub locations considered.
(office-based role, with flexible, hybrid office/home working offered)
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
About the role
We are seeking candidates to join our staff to support the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB)’s work to develop IFRS Sustainability Disclosure Standards, through the delivery of technical projects including:
- conducting research and analysis on sustainability-related financial reporting issues;
- engaging with stakeholders;
- developing recommendations; and
- drafting due process documents.
Below are the general role responsibilities and competencies expected of ISSB Technical Staff. However, specific role responsibilities will vary according to your level of experience, professional background, subject matter expertise and project assignment.
- Develop technical proposals for consideration by the ISSB and its advisory committees, and facilitate their decision-making on issues identified by:
- Undertaking research on cross-industry and industry-based sustainability-related issues (such as climate, nature and biodiversity, human capital, and human rights) to support proposals.
- Initiating and leading discussions with ISSB / advisory committee members.
- Drafting proposals for consideration and presenting them to ISSB / advisory committee members.
- Drafting due process documents (research papers, discussion papers, requests for information, exposure drafts, ballot drafts and standards).
- Prepare a range of documents for internal and external use, including exposure drafts, Standards and explanatory material.
- Act as a credible and authoritative representative of the ISSB by engaging with a wide range of external stakeholders from industry and the investment, regulatory and standard-setting communities, in order to ascertain their views and to share information.
- Work with IASB Technical Staff when relevant to ensure connectivity and compatibility between the work of the IASB and the ISSB in developing IFRS Accounting and Sustainability Disclosure Standards.
- Provide general project support to senior staff and members of the ISSB.
- Manage committees and working groups.
- Manage technical project administrative matters.
- Contribute to the development of other staff.
Skills, experience & qualifications sought
Technical knowledge and thinking abilities
- Demonstrable knowledge of the sustainability and financial reporting landscape and experience of relevant standards, frameworks and regulations.
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of capital markets and the links between sustainability-related risks and opportunities and value creation.
- Shows rigour, consistency and attention to detail in work.
- Ability to identify, understand and analyse issues, synthesise information and propose well-reasoned recommendations and draw out implications.
- Displays impartiality, balance and open-mindedness.
Managing self and relationships
- Is enthusiastic, proactive and motivated, working effectively under pressure, and remains positive even when faced with challenges.
- Self-aware. Seeks and learns from feedback. Seeks to grow and continuously improve.
- Demonstrates professionalism and respect for others.
- Capable of working in a multi-location organisation, demonstrates awareness of cultural and behavioural differences across geographies.
- Encourages and supports colleagues in a collaborative team environment.
- Focused on team’s contributions over individual contributions.
Planning and delivering work
- Delegates work effectively and appropriately.
- Organises and manages own time and work across competing priorities.
- Plans ahead and sets realistic timelines.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the quality of the work output.
- Strives for continuous improvement.
- Communicates in a concise, clear and well-structured way, appropriately tailored to the audience.
- Presents issues, evidence, analysis and recommendations in a neutral manner, with robust analyses of alternative views and defensible support of recommendations.
- Persuades based on evidence and balanced analysis.
- Presents effectively to internal and external audiences.
- Listens actively; understands and respects others' viewpoints; synthesises and summarises feedback accurately and completely.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: Ongoing
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.