Location: Montreal, Quebec (Canada); office-based role with flexible, hybrid working offered
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week
About the role
Team: HR Team
Reports to: HR Generalist
At the IFRS Foundation you will provide general administrative assistance to the HR team in North America, handling a variety of responsibilities and tasks in support of US- and Canada-based staff.
There are currently 10 members of the HR team, located across Frankfurt, London and the US. The global team supports a headcount which has grown from 150 to 300 during the last calendar year following the consolidation of two separate organisations into the Foundation.
Below are the key responsibilities to be handled by the successful candidate. Additional tasks and processes may be assigned.
- Assist with recruitment of staff to Montreal and US-based offices at all levels across the organisation:
- monitor the recruitment email inbox for new applications and inquiries.
- coordinate interview logistics—schedule interviews, manage attendees, correspond with candidates and staff and arrange telephone/video links, meeting rooms and other resources as required.
- draft job offer letters, terms and conditions and other documents as required.
- maintain recruitment records, ensuring that they are kept up to date.
On-boarding of staff
- Work closely with the IT team to arrange the availability and delivery of laptops and other equipment and the timing of IT inductions for new joiners.
- Ensure other departments (facilities, communications, information management) are informed of new starter details.
- Assist in coordinating onboarding schedule and meetings.
- Inform the Internal Communications Manager each week about people news updates.
Maintaining staff records and files
- Maintain the organisation’s online HR system, personnel files and other records to ensure that staff information is up to date, including:
- input new joiners’ details;
- edit records to reflect changes in staff details; and
- update final position information for leavers and archive staff records as appropriate.
- Create and generate reports as required (e.g. HR metrics, other statistics, outstanding holiday allowances) and provide periodic updates on HR-related activities (e.g. performance reviews, learning and development).
Off-boarding of staff
- Coordinate return of technology with IT Team.
- Schedule exit interviews.
- Update the online HR system and archive personnel files.
- Inform relevant departments of leaver details.
Qualifications and experience
- Previous experience providing administrative support to a busy team is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar HR role and familiarity with HR processes and information systems would be highly advantageous.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent. Medium proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential.
Skills and attributes
- A motivated, confident and customer-focused team-player who enjoys working with people.
- Ability to form positive working relationships and to work effectively and sensitively with staff at all levels.
- Understanding that confidentiality is essential, as you will be dealing with personal information and may encounter sensitive issues.
- Highly organised and focused, able to multi-task and manage workload to ensure that priorities are met.
- High level of attention to detail and ability to produce clear and accurate documents and reports.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: 3 July 2023
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.