Location: Canary Wharf, London (United Kingdom) preferred. Frankfurt am Main (Germany) or Montreal, Quebec (Canada) also considered. Office-based role with flexible, hybrid office/home working offered
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role
We are looking for an accounting or sustainability reporting professional to join our staff at the forefront of digital financial and sustainability reporting and standards development. You will support the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) by contributing to the development of digital reporting frameworks (taxonomies) for IFRS Accounting Standards and IFRS Sustainability Disclosure Standards.
- Identifying IFRS accounting and sustainability reporting requirements, arising from new/amended Standards or changes in reporting practice, to develop new digital taxonomy content.
- Researching and analysing reporting requirements and practice.
- Defining data/technical architecture and modelling digital reporting data/taxonomy content.
- Consulting with staff, the IASB and ISSB to ensure digital taxonomy content is consistent with the Standards and aligned with the organisation’s due process and mission.
- Engaging with committees and working groups (eg the IFRS Taxonomy Consultative Group) on issues relating to digital taxonomy development and adoption.
- Engaging with constituents who are implementing the digital taxonomy (preparers, software vendors, regulators and other taxonomy users) to ensure consistent and accurate implementation.
- Consulting with a wide range of international experts and stakeholders, from the accounting, business, investment, IT, regulatory, standard-setting and XBRL communities, to ascertain their views and share information.
- Preparing a range of documents for internal and external use.
- Providing general project support to senior staff and the boards.
- Managing technical project administrative matters.
Competencies—minimum levels expected
Technical knowledge and thinking abilities:
- Has demonstrable knowledge of—and experience in—applying IFRS Accounting Standards, GAAP and/or recognised financial or sustainability reporting standards.
- Has at least a demonstrable interest in—and willingness to learn about—digital financial reporting.
- Previous experience of working with digital financial taxonomies and mapping/tagging financial or sustainability disclosures using a digital taxonomy (eg IFRS Accounting Taxonomy, SASB Standards XBRL Taxonomy) or other relevant standards/frameworks (eg GRI, TCFD) would be highly beneficial.
- Shows rigour, consistency and attention to detail in work.
- Identifies, understands and analyses issues.
- Proposes well-reasoned recommendations and draws out implications, including cost/benefit analysis.
- Displays impartiality, balance and openness in developing, defending and accepting alternative views.
- Develops feasible solutions.
Managing self and relationships:
- Is enthusiastic, proactive and motivated, working effectively under pressure, and remains positive even when faced with setbacks.
- Self-aware. Seeks and learns from feedback. Seeks to grow and continuously improve.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Shows professionalism, respect and empathy, relating well to others by showing courtesy.
- Focused on team’s contributions over individual contributions.
- Constructively addresses disagreements and conflicts in a timely manner.
- Shares knowledge and information.
Planning and delivering work:
- Organises and manages own time and work across competing priorities.
- Delegates work effectively and appropriately.
- Respects others' time (eg providing adequate time for review, considering which issues to escalate to whom).
- Sets and adheres to realistic timelines within span of control.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the quality of the work output, regularly communicating progress and escalating issues appropriately.
- Promptly communicates reasons for changes to plans, as necessary.
- Strives for continuous improvement, within resources, priorities and deadlines.
- Communicates in a concise, clear and well-structured way, appropriately tailored to the audience.
- Presents issues, evidence, analysis and recommendations in a neutral manner. Persuades based on evidence and balanced analysis.
- Drafts and reviews board papers and due process documents with robust analyses of alternative views, defensible support of recommendation and clear, simple, logical and consistent articulation.
- Uses innovative design to enhance clarity and visual appeal to best convey the big picture.
- Presents effectively to internal and external audiences and manages questions and comments competently.
- Listens actively.
- Understands others' viewpoints and summarises accurately and completely.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: Ongoing
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.