Location: Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week
About the role
Team: Earned Revenue
Reports to: Director of Product
On 3 November 2021, the IFRS Foundation Trustees announced the creation of a new standard-setting board—the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB)—to help meet the demand from international investors for high-quality, transparent, reliable and comparable reporting by companies on climate and other environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters. The ISSB builds on the success of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) as well as the work of the Climate Disclosure Standards Board and the Value Reporting Foundation (formerly IIRC and SASB), which both consolidated with the IFRS Foundation in 2022.
The Sales Operations and Outreach Manager will help ensure the growth of the ISSB licensing programme, with an eye towards creating operational efficiencies and strong product positioning. They will be passionate about the growth of sustainability standards in the market and will want to be a part of scaling ESG to companies and investors.
The Sales Operations and Outreach Manager will be highly organised and will enjoy building processes that will scale; they will be the go-to person for managing sales pipeline and data accuracy. They will like working with different types of clients to understand their needs and use cases, and will enjoy putting together the perfect product description that speaks to clients' needs.
The Sales Operations and Outreach Manager will have a vested interest in making sure programmes are implemented well, reducing customer problems down the line, and they will invest the time in good programme maintenance.
Prospect engagement, cultivation and finalisation
- Work directly with clients and internal teams to ensure contracting is executed efficiently and effectively.
- Implement business development strategy while communicating clearly, accurately and convincingly about ISSB offerings.
- Research key market segments and individual organisations, including key decision makers within, to identify potential fit for SASB Standards products and communication efforts.
- Coordinate with client’s legal team and vendor management, and IFRS legal and finance teams, to finalise orders and support contract negotiation when necessary.
- Conduct an effective transition to others for product fulfillment and invoicing once contracts are signed.
- Cultivate prospects: educate them about products and services; answer questions; and manage systematic follow-up until reaching a Closed/Lost or Closed/Won decision.
Education and marketing
- Draft copy in conjunction with marketing team to inform strategic and recurring outbound outreach, as well as web and collateral content, aimed at key stakeholders and market segments.
- Customise existing presentations and marketing materials to promote key aspects of ISSB’s value proposition to a specific audience, such as asset managers, asset owners, service providers or companies.
- Own logistics and project management for developing and publishing thought leadership and monthly client communications.
Operational management and data analytics
- Manage Salesforce to ensure good record-keeping on contact information for prospective organisational clients.
- Manage a Docusign process to transmit finalised contracts for signing and archiving upon completion.
- Maintain accurate records of sales (prospective and closed) in Salesforce and routinely review for data accuracy and completion.
- Generate reports to provide insight to internal stakeholders on the current status of prospects and recent sales.
Skills, experience and qualifications sought
- Commitment to the mission of the IFRS Foundation.
- Enthusiasm and comfort in fast-changing conditions—flexibility is important.
- Significant professional experience with demonstrated skills relevant to business development.
- Experience with B2B/enterprise sales process preferred.
- Strong familiarity with ESG and sustainability preferred; if not, a strong desire to learn is critical.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM System.
- Tremendous organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Execution-oriented; able to get tasks and projects done quickly while maintaining excellent quality.
- Strong process orientation; able to identify and implement improvements.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: Ongoing
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.