Location: Canary Wharf, London, UK, or Frankfurt, Germany (flexible working offered)
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role
Team: Communications and External Affairs
Reports to: Director of Corporate Communications
The Communications and External Affairs team is responsible for the effective internal and external communications of the IFRS Foundation and its standard-setting boards (IASB and ISSB). The team spans multiple locations and has multi-disciplinary expertise that is deployed to support the effective communications and engagement of the boards. The team is also responsible for the Foundation’s website and social media channels, and for ensuring the Foundation’s brand is protected and maintained.
The Media Relations Manager will work as part of the IFRS Foundation’s Communications and External Affairs team and will be responsible for leading our global media strategy focused on the ISSB’s work. They will work with colleagues across the organisation and with external PR agencies in developing and implementing the media strategy.
Global media strategy
- Lead the development and execution of a global media strategy to support the ISSB’s transformative work to develop a global baseline of sustainability disclosures, working closely with the ISSB leadership, technical teams and other communications/external affairs colleagues.
- Monitor and analyse media coverage to inform strategy and messaging.
- Act as the primary contact for our PR agencies.
Proactive/reactive media relations
- Seek out opportunities, build relations, maintain and develop press list, distribute press releases, brief in stories and provide background information, organise online/in-person teach-ins.
- Respond to incoming media queries (sustainability), manage interview requests and support spokespeople.
- Develop a range of materials (including press releases, articles, audio-visual materials, presentations) to support media engagement and the ISSB’s work through effective story telling.
Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with organisational needs.
- Relevant experience in delivering global media strategies for organisations with a high level of media interest and scrutiny—PR agency background beneficial.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including at editor level in tier one publications.
- Significant experience in dealing with national, international and trade media.
- Ideally prior experience of working in finance, accounting, ESG/sustainability.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficient at ‘translating’ complex technical topics into clear and compelling communications materials.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
Skills and attributes
- A strategic and creative thinker with strong story-telling skills.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly.
- High level of attention to detail.
- The ability to listen to and interact confidently with others.
- Strong team ethic―diplomatic team-player who can establish positive relationships and work effectively and collaboratively with individuals across the organisation and at all levels.
- Excellent organisation skills; ability to effectively plan and manage work, respond to conflicting demands on an urgent and ad-hoc basis and prioritise workload appropriately.
- Proactive problem-solver who can demonstrate initiative and make decisions autonomously, whilst remaining alert to the need to consult and update others as appropriate.
- Positive and flexible attitude; high degree of integrity and professionalism; ability to remain composed under pressure.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: 29 May 2023
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.