Location: Denver, CO; New York City metropolitan area; or San Francisco, CA. Office-based role with flexibility to work from home regularly
Duration: Maternity cover from 1 April 2023 to 1 November 2023
Hours: 40 hours per week
About the role
Reports to: Director of Marketing
The Marketing Operations Manager will have deep experience building B2B demand generation programmes and optimising digital marketing campaigns, technology infrastructure and reporting processes. They will be the internal resource we rely on to operationalise our marketing programmes across channels including email, web and paid advertising. They will manage marketing campaigns for the Foundation’s paid products and services (including membership programmes, education credentials and licensing), as well as campaigns to raise awareness of our mission and promote business and investor use of our core resources.
An essential member of the External Affairs team, the Marketing Operations Manager works with internal stakeholders to oversee and implement launch campaigns, measuring reach, results and impact so that future approaches can be improved upon. The Marketing Operations Manager will bring a broad range of communications and campaign/project management skills to the table, and will thrive in an agile, collaborative environment.
Communications and marketing operations
- Maintain and optimise HubSpot and other technology platforms required to run the Foundation’s channel marketing campaigns.
- Review and optimise lead nurture email workflows, updating content as needed.
- Optimise Google Analytics/Looker Studio configuration and reporting to align with the Foundation’s strategic goals.
- Manage Jira Work Management account for marketing and communications campaigns, taking responsibility for drafting new project plans, adjusting dates and timing (seeking input from colleagues as appropriate) to ensure successful execution of integrated programmes.
- Develop and test email content, seeking to increase consumption of top-performing assets and maximise email health scores.
- Work with Graphic Designer to ensure email marketing materials reflect brand standards.
- Oversee data analytics related to product marketing performance across channels like website, email (HubSpot), social media and Google Ads.
- Generate quarterly and campaign-based reports and/or presentations on core metrics, targets and benchmarks, with takeaways from analytics findings to support comms team and organisational leadership planning and decision making.
- Ensure email campaigns meet best practices for marketing and data privacy.
- Stay apprised of digital marketing best practices and champion ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes and tools.
- Coordinate with product teams to support revenue/performance goals.
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing to establish targets for each channel and continuously refine tactical approach to improve performance.
- Manage the Foundation’s Google Grants/AdWords account by creating and monitoring campaigns to ensure performance meets best practice benchmarks.
- Tailor channel/content approach to the Foundation’s core audiences.
Skills, experience and qualifications sought
- Ideal candidate will have significant experience in communications and marketing, with a practice that includes managing lead generation programmes across marketing channels.
- Experience using marketing technology platforms (ideally HubSpot) to build, send, analyse and improve email nurture and demand generation campaigns.
- Experience optimising Google Analytics and Looker Studio to meet evolving reporting needs.
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to juggle multiple priorities, projects, campaigns and tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with clear examples of using data for measurement, ROI analysis and recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive to be of service to others and understanding of individual role in owning programme results, including failures and successes.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex issues and develop communications tactics to support key objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
No direct employee supervisory responsibilities at this time, but supervisory responsibilities as needed for contractors and freelancers.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: Closed
Interviews will be held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date of the application, your application has not likely been successful.