Location: Canary Wharf, London (United Kingdom); office-based role with flexible, hybrid office/home working offered
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role
There are currently 8 members of the Production team (Head of Publishing, XML Publishing Specialists x2, Systems and Data Analysts x2, Production Designer and Assistant Systems and Data Analyst x2). The team is responsible for producing, maintaining and managing IFRS Foundation content in DITA XML through to our content management system, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). This position works closely with technical authoring staff who draft the content in MS Word and the in-house editorial team before it is handed over to Production. Content includes IFRS Accounting Standards and the new IFRS Sustainability Disclosure Standards, as well as associated due process material.
Given the formation of the ISSB, the Production team has seen a considerable increase in the number of documents requiring their much-respected services. It is important for the team to maintain the highest quality level of business-as-usual activities, while continuously improving content processes and driving digital product development, all of which has prompted the need for an experienced Systems and Data Analyst to join the team.
- Produce and maintain IFRS Foundation’s content in DITA XML and all other media formats.
- Specific tasks within XML include the building and editing of maps, paragraph files, tables and lists independently with no need for supervision.
- Undertake initial assessment of draft content to determine production requirements.
- Liaise with Technical and Editorial teams to ensure all content is delivered within the allocated timescales.
- Execute the publication of new or updated content created by Technical Staff.
- Understand and complete the consolidation of changes to the IFRS and SASB Standards stemming from the Foundation’s standard-setting activities.
- Complete bound volume publishing including:
- updating and organising relevant content;
- communicating with relevant technical staff;
- coordinating content with other Production team members;
- understanding all forms of output; and
- conducting all rounds of Production checks.
- Quality check outputs in all formats ensuring that all content is consistent, error free and timely.
- Independently follow content management workflows for multiple projects as sometimes projects run concurrently.
- Understand how to content management system troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Support the coaching and training of team members as well as other Foundation staff in content management, standards consolidation and publishing best-practice.
- Suggest and implement improvements to the current use of Production-related systems, oXygen and AEM.
Business analysis and customer value creation
- Analyse content, its structure and how it interacts with IFRS Foundation technology/products.
- Identify problems and formulate solutions leading to content and output improvements.
- Continuously improve operational efficiency and enhance customer value of existing products.
- Support the creation of relevant documentation to aid current and future team members.
- Contribute to the development of new digital and print products, influencing and executing content and operations strategy and improving the customer value offered by the Foundation.
- Plan for and oversee the implementation of any new technology and systems connected to or interacting with content management operations.
- Support Technical Staff in all aspects of their work of developing Standards.
- Support the IFRS Foundation’s operational staff in all aspects of their work of disseminating Standards globally.
- Offer an outstanding customer service experience to all the IFRS Foundation’s end users—professionals who use and apply the Standards.
Skills and Experience
- Degree-level qualification or equivalent.
- Extensive experience of creating and editing content in DITA XML.
- Extensive experience of using Content Management Systems, including Adobe Experience Manager.
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Suite, MS Word and Oxygen (editing capabilities, search and comparison tools).
- Experience of independently managing multiple projects to high quality and schedule.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines without this impacting accuracy or quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical authors and team members.
- Flexible, proactive approach to delivering each job in an efficient and timely way.
- Ability to work in logical and systematic way.
- Ability to motivate different stakeholders to work towards a common goal.
- Ability to influence and inform Operational Leadership and Technical Leadership teams.
- Experience of working on accountancy, legal content or industry standards.
- Experience of XQuery and XML transformations.
- Experience of working with third-party suppliers (such as developers, typesetters and data capture houses).
- Experience of working with colleagues in other time zones an advantage.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: Closed
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.