Location: Montreal, London or San Francisco (with flexibility to work from home regularly)
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
About the role
Reports to: Chief of Market Relationships
On 3 November 2021, the IFRS Foundation Trustees announced the creation of a new standard-setting board—the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB)—to help meet the demand from international investors for high-quality, transparent, reliable and comparable reporting by companies on climate and other environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters. The ISSB builds on the success of the IASB as well as the work of the Climate Disclosure Standards Board and the Value Reporting Foundation (formerly IIRC and SASB), which both consolidated with the IFRS Foundation in 2022.
As the Director of Product, you’ll oversee product management and business development for an existing set of IFRS Sustainability B2B product offerings as you refine product-market fit, help reach new customers and ensure our teams can strengthen current client relationships. With the recent consolidations, the IFRS Foundation is both building off a strong base of existing support and simultaneously treading new ground, with 500+ current IFRS Sustainability B2B commercial relationships in over two dozen countries, representing approximately 20% growth year-over-year.
The Director of Product will be energised by the potential to have a formative and lasting impact in the early days of sustainability product offerings at the IFRS Foundation as it looks to publish its first two IFRS Sustainability Disclosure Standards in 2023 while continuing to support and expand use of the SASB Standards and Integrated Reporting Framework.
Lead B2B product development, growth and delivery
- Manage internal and external resources to maintain existing B2B products in a high-quality and profitable manner. Currently this involves overseeing a team of 10 globally located B2B business development and client success staff, four of whom will be direct reports.
- Oversee team’s use of Salesforce to grow earned revenue and maintain existing relationships.
- Lead monthly forecasting activities to shape internal planning for anticipated earned income results and corresponding impact on cash flow.
- Drive revenue growth through a strategic balance of resources to retain existing renewal-based customers while refining and expanding current product offerings to attract new customers.
- Analyse markets and identify compelling ways to evolve our B2B product offerings to reflect strong product-market fit in a mission-aligned and profitable way.
- Oversee efforts to collect, document, analyse and report on feedback from SASB’s products to improve future offerings.
Lead the design of ISSB content licensing product offering for investors and capital markets service providers
- Design ISSB licensing offering in a way that aligns with robust current SASB Standards licensing and that allows for flexibility as future Standards are published. This will include fundamental Day 1 design choices, such as licensing information hierarchy, coding system to uniquely identify information components and commercial structure.
- Manage ISSB content access roadmap, representing both freely accessible non-commercial content access and content access limited to commercial relationships.
Ensure interoperability with IFRS Accounting processes and product offerings
- Collaborate with teams servicing products aligned with IFRS Accounting Standards on a coherent Foundation approach to IFRS Accounting and IFRS Sustainability content access.
- Collaborate with a range of IFRS Foundation teams to ensure interoperable processes for managing Salesforce and related systems.
Skills, experience and qualifications sought
- Commitment to the mission of IFRS Foundation.
- High energy, positive attitude; flexibility, teamwork, and a high degree of initiative.
- Entrepreneurial drive and know-how.
- Track record of managing high-quality B2B products.
- Ability to function at both a strategic and detailed level, as the Director of Product will need to both develop and execute strategy.
- Good judgment and strategic thinking; the ability to analyse the landscape, articulate and gain consensus about priorities, and direct resources accordingly.
- Execution-oriented; able to get things done quickly and with excellent quality.
- Ability to drive business and operating results (revenue, profitability, customer satisfaction).
- Tremendous organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive relevant experience.
- Experience using a CRM (preferably Salesforce) to track sales, client relationship status, and primary client contacts; history of client conversations is a plus.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: Closed
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.