Location: Montreal; office-based role with flexible, hybrid office/home working offered
Expected duration: 15 March 2023 to 15 May 2024
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
About the role
Team: External Affairs
Reports to: Director of External Affairs
The Director of Communications plays a leadership role on the External Affairs team, with both North American-specific and international responsibilities. The Director is based out of the new ISSB Centre in Montreal.
Responsibilities include leading jurisdiction-specific communications planning and delivery, as well as executing communications related to Montreal board meetings (four per year).
- Lead communications planning and execution for North America (with a particular focus on the US and Canada).
- Communications planning and delivery in support of legacy SASB Standards and Integrated Reporting channels and audiences, with the objective to convert audiences to ISSB users and supporters.
- Oversee brand management, including brand health survey.
- Line management responsibilities.
- Lead communications related to ISSB meetings in Montreal (press releases, daily video recaps, social campaigns, podcast, etc.).
- Support preparation of speeches, remarks, presentations and media briefings for board members and executive staff based in the Montreal office.
- Support media outreach in the US and Canada as needed, including responding to region-specific messaging and reputation challenges.
- Significant relevant experience, with preferably some experience in an agency environment.
- Knowledge of capital markets and the relevant 'players' and their motivations (investors, companies, regulatory agencies); experience shaping communications campaigns to/for these players.
- Experience promoting business- and investor-focused clients to the media.
- Experience working with C-level clients for strategy, promotion and placement.
- Experience navigating the challenges of growth: improving a team’s ability to improve the quality of communications while responding to the increased quantity of communications that success brings.
- Superlative written and verbal communication.
- Ability to meet the demands of multiple clients simultaneously, balancing speed with quality and accuracy.
- Event planning (in-person, virtual and hybrid events).
- Familiarity with (or ability to learn) recording short videos and podcasts.
- Facility with technical information and ability to present it in ways that are compelling, concise and accessible to the public.
- Media relations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sound professional judgment.
- Comfort in a fast-moving environment, with changes in scope and direction of initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferred) in a communication-focused field such as Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related discipline.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: Ongoing
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.