Location: Canary Wharf, London (United Kingdom); officed-based role with flexible, hybrid office/home working offered
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
This is a hands-on technology role responsible for design, delivery and maintenance of the IFRS Foundation’s digital platform and related enterprise applications and systems integrations.
You will work closely with business stakeholders to respond to strategic direction and, via long term and tactical planning, to build out and deliver system improvements.
Technology within the IFRS Foundation is crucial to ensure efficient, secure and resilient operation:
- for the standard-setting teams;
- for the Operations functions supporting the standard-setting process; and
- in delivery of our intellectual property to our licensees and other stakeholders around the world.
The IFRS Foundation has set global Accounting standards for many years and has recently been given the responsibility of building and supporting the adoption of global Sustainability-disclosure Standards. As part of this change, the Foundation has merged with the Value Reporting Foundation based in San Francisco and now has a multilocation model.
A three-year investment programme has delivered to the Foundation a revised and future proof platform with technology pillars based on Azure, Microsoft 365, Adobe and Salesforce.
The Foundation has recently merged with the Value Reporting Foundation (VRF) based in San Francisco, also an established standard setter and who bring their own digital platform and business processes. The incoming Enterprise Applications Manager will work alongside the CTO, the VRF’s technology lead and the IT Director of the Foundation to consolidate, revise and improve business systems to support the work of the Foundation.
The IFRS Foundation seeks to appoint a technology leader with a track record of designing and implementing technology systems, technology integrations and secure and resilient business processes to their organisation.
- work with business stakeholders across a diverse and international environment to advise on, plan and implement the delivery of solutions aligned to business strategy;
- lead, motivate and work with a small Enterprise Applications team comprising business analysts and technical resources;
- engage and work with a set of expert suppliers, and manage end to end design through to rollout, delivery of business systems change and improvement programmes; and
- provide a service-oriented culture where issues with existing systems are diagnosed and alleviated.
The systems you will work with include:
- Adobe Experience Manager used for our web site and Standards authoring.
- Adobe Campaign and Analytics.
- Salesforce.com for CRM activities supporting stakeholder engagement, sales and licensing and fundraising/donation activities.
- Business Central supporting Finance.
- Development of a replacement eCommerce platform for licensing.
The Foundation is a 250-person organisation. You will have access to internal skills and knowledge of our enterprise architecture within your team backed by expert 'delivery partners' for functions such as development of the CRM and website.
Maintain and grow an improved enterprise platform
- ensure that you understand the local and international compliance policies of the Foundation and ensure the systems you deliver are compliant with these;
- work with stakeholders and deploy your team of business analysts to understand and develop a technology roadmap and strategy for the Foundation’s digital platform and related business systems;
- ensure that your enterprise applications team comprises the right people and are developed and equipped to deliver to the business;
- ensure that your team understands its priorities;
- work with the CTO to ensure that you maintain, develop/re-develop or add key supplier relationships on which the Foundation depends, ranging from web development to cybersecurity expertise and deploy and manage these effectively to meet project and BAU goals;
- ensure that the challenge and opportunity presented by the merger with the VRF and their system is managed;
- plan and execute a migration of systems and data to ensure that we continue to operate from a single platform for all key functions; and
- own the architectural design and capabilities delivered by the Foundation’s digital platform and support systems, actively working on building and developing the designs to meet new and changing needs and manage the development and delivery of these changes, via your own team and delivery partners.
- be the expert systems architect within the team, with experience ranging from working with CRM’s, websites, databases and software integrations supporting business data follows,
- “own” and design how the systems move forward;
- work directly with the suppliers on detailed design, manage workflows through JIRA and implement effective processes for work;
- appropriately prioritise and deal with business-as-usual work alongside new developments; and
- deliver a program of continuous change to move our systems forward.
Line Management and Structure
Your role is operational and is about ensuring that your advice, knowledge and expertise is used to advice the CTO and senior stakeholders and, in collaboration with them, to develop and then deliver on agreed plans, whilst also maintain high levels of business-as-usual support.
You will have direct reports with a small enterprise application team. This team will have business analysis and software/technology skills. You will line manage these individuals and work as a team alongside our expert suppliers/delivery partners to deliver your projects.
At this time of change and growth you will also be responsible for making the case for and adding to our resource base, making change to the structures and supporting suppliers where needed, to best meet our developing needs.
Work closely with the IT team
Under the supervision of the Foundation’s CTO, you will:
- work closely with the IT Director of the Foundation who is responsible for the base IT platform and IT service delivery for the Foundation;
- ensure that you deliver systems that comply with the Foundation’s cybersecurity practice including business resiliency, two factor authentication, single sign on with a core focus on Azure AD and Azure for service delivery; and
- contribute to and support the development of the overarching IT budget managed by the IT Director.
Reporting and Governance
- With your peer IT Director you will advise and support the Foundation’s Chief Technology Officer in building, implementing and reporting on technology implementation plans.
- The Foundation is undertaking a One Foundation Programme to manage change at this time of transition. You will collaborate with project managers in the programme office to communicate plans, track progress, alleviate slippage and manage risk.
Experience and qualifications sought
- A track record of a managing technology teams and delivering technology projects, with evidence of managing an end-to-end design, development, assurance and rollout processes.
- A track record of working hands-on as a systems or enterprise architect with evidence of working with senior stakeholders to develop an understand of business requirements and goals leading to solution development and successful delivery.
- A track record of developing product roadmap, identifying minimal viable product, being able to respond both tactically to resolve short term issues whilst maintaining integrity of systems and building long term resilient and sustainable technology goals.
- A track record of engaging and managing expert suppliers in delivery of systems – noting that the Foundation does not run an out-sourced environment, rather we use our internal team with technology related skills to be the business experts and use UK or US based suppliers to provide in-depth software/technology development and QA expertise.
- A background in, or working closely with, software development teams.
- Track record of leading expert technology team members – providing both day to day leadership and monitoring/mentoring and development of staff.
- Being at the heart of successful transformation projects, with particular focus on the ability to listen, to bring focus and good advice, to steer people and projects through difficult transitions to good outcomes.
- Establishing trust quickly amongst senior stakeholders, peers and with your own team—technology is at the heart of what we do, the pressure to do more is always there—you must be focused on supporting the business but retain the stature and gravitas to be able to adapt when needed and to say no with trust.
- Working across web site and CRM platforms to provide integrated customer facing solutions is essential. Working with Finance systems is a distinct advantage, as is working with eCommerce platforms.
- Strong communication skills.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: Closed
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.