Location: Canary Wharf, London (United Kingdom); officed-based role with flexible, hybrid office/home working offered
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
About this role
Support the development, implementation and rollout of the IFRS Foundation's Salesforce platform and system integrations to its other digital platforms.
The IFRS Foundation sets global Accounting and Sustainability Standards. As part of a recent technology transformation programme, we have implemented Salesforce as our CRM platform. Salesforce forms part of our overall digital platform and integrates with our website, mass email/marketing and finance systems.
Salesforce supports both financial activity such as donations and licensing and stakeholder engagement tracking. We make extensive use of standard and custom objects. The majority of our build is via point-and-click configuration using Flow. We combine in-house expertise to build, manage, test and deploy the system with support from a third party delivery partner who provides support to our internal team including building and deploying our more limited but important Apex implementations.
Please note that this is not a role for a Salesforce developer specialising in APEX and APIs.
The IFRS Foundation seeks to appoint a Salesforce systems specialist to work within our Business Systems team to help build out and maintain our existing system. A particular initial focus will be assisting in migrating in the business activities of the organisation that has recently consolidated with us, but overarching this will be developing a detailed understanding of how Salesforce supports our business, taking on build and maintenance activities, quality assurance and user acceptance testing, rollout and training to our internal users and support/troubleshooting.
You will be joining an internal team of business analysts and expert Salesforce team backed by a delivery partner to provide specialist Salesforce experience. You will work in a formal Dev/Stage/Production environment and will benefit from processes and tools such as JIRA and Gearset to undertake change management and configuration control. Whilst working with Salesforce primarily you will also have the opportunity to work across a set of different platforms including Adobe Campaign and Business Central.
- Build and deploy Salesforce modifications and custom objects with requisite layouts, validation rules and ensure that you build to data integrity rules.
- Work with Salesforce Process and Flow designers to ensure that you can build necessary Salesforce automation.
- Be conversant and able to implement business process flows in Salesforce ranging from sales and opportunity management to approval and other control processes.
- Configure Salesforce permissions using Profiles and Permission sets to control access to data and functionality.
- Deliver systems integration, understanding, specifying and supporting data transfer and flow between systems.
- Work with our delivery partner to develop and take on maintenance of complex or specialist areas.
- Develop Salesforce Reports and Dashboards and support report automation and distribution.
- Work with your team and Foundation staff to fully understand their business requirements and be able to identify changes or additions to the platform and to define requirements and designs.
- Constructively challenge requirements and priorities to support the business in maximising benefit from projects in an environment of continual change.
- Participate in change management activities, assessing requests for change, business impact and return on investment.
- Support and maintain the Foundation’s strategic systems interfaces as part of the business systems team.
- Assist with the administration, configuration and migration/population of information into the Foundation’s strategic business systems to support the business as required.
- Have a good understanding of process- and data-driven work flows and support the development of these into the CRM and other Foundation systems.
Quality assurance and acceptance testing
- Working in a small and dedicated team, take responsibility for ensuring that internal or supplier-delivered capability is tested—initially in development and then in a staging environment prior to deployment.
- Support deployment activities via Gearset and in conjunction with our delivery partner.
- Conduct and support user acceptance testing activities where needed, prior to rollout.
- Provide expert support to end users of the platform, troubleshooting, advising on problem resolution, being proactive in providing the best possible experience for end users.
- Be prepared to step in and support users on specific tasks to ensure that they are completed and provide refresher training where needed.
Experience and qualifications sought
- Significant experience working with Salesforce in a busy IT environment and full knowledge of configuration Salesforce security, data, flow and process models.
- Experience of data modelling and/or systems integration and data flows between other systems.
- Experience working with Salesforce partners, particularly developers, to identify and specify requirements and conduct acceptance testing.
- Experience in performing business analysis and systems design is a distinct advantage.
- Working in an Agile or Scrum environment with working knowledge of change management systems such as JIRA.
Skills and attributes
It is essential that you:
- can evidence working in a collaborative way within a team, aligning your own expertise with those of your team members to optimise outcomes and you are positive in outlook to build confidence in yourself and your team;
- have strong communication skills both verbally and in writing; and
- can evidence working with senior stakeholders in a business.
It is advantageous:
- if you have experience of other systems, such as mass emailing and web and integrations between those and Salesforce.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: 27 November 2022
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.