Location: Canary Wharf, London (United Kingdom); office-based role, with flexible, hybrid office/home working offered
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 per week
About the role
Reports to: Head of IT
This role sits within the Technology team and works closely with the IT Support Technician and Facilities teams across our global offices. You will provide first- and second-line IT technical support to staff across the organisation and to contribute to the maintenance of our network, laptop and infrastructure activities.
The Foundation has a cloud-first approach to technology service delivery and uses cloud platforms, including Microsoft 365, Salesforce and elements of the Adobe stack, including AEM and Analytics. The Foundation also makes extensive use of the Kaltura video platform.
Provide customer-focused support to staff and stakeholders
- Respond to IT support requests and troubleshoot problems, resolving requests in a timely manner.
- Log and update the details of IT support issues in the helpdesk ticket system.
- Configure new laptops, provide security support and support staff with a range of workplace productivity solutions, ie Microsoft Office, Adobe, browsers, Teams, SharePoint and printing.
- Coordinate employee on-boarding and off-boarding of IT equipment.
- Support video conference needs, both onsite and offsite.
Tracking of asset and procurement
- Track and report on all technology-related assets.
- Maintain list of all technology systems, users, credentials etc, along with subscription renewal dates and costs.
- Facilitate technology-related purchases by obtaining and analysing quotes, presenting purchase recommendations and facilitating paperwork and payments.
- Order technology-related office supplies (paper, toner, etc).
Security and risk management
- Maintain and implement IT standards and policies focusing on:
- infrastructure and information security;
- information retention; and
- protecting physical assets contained within our offices.
Technology-related change management
- Maintain and implement technology-related change management policies and procedures.
Technology infrastructure and vendor management
- Maintain the technology infrastructure.
- Coordinate with service providers to ensure reliable service.
- Work with cloud service providers to ensure environment is correctly configured, troubleshoot and resolve any technical issues.
Experience and qualifications sought
- Previous experience in a similar hands-on, customer-facing support role.
- Previous experience in handling multiple IT support issues.
- Demonstrable experience with:
- Microsoft 365;
- Microsoft Azure;
- InTune EndPoint Manager/Autopilot; and
- Active Directory.
- Relevant and recent Microsoft certification.
- Experience of working in a global environment.
- Knowledge of best practices and industry standards.
- Audio/visual skills and video conferencing experience.
- Willingness to travel to global offices.
- Demonstrable experience with:
- SharePoint administration;
- Teams administration;
- Business-wide rollout of mobile devices; and
- IOS-based devices.
- Flexible approach and attitude.
- Customer-focused approach.
- Professional, proactive problem-solver who is happy to be involved with end users as well as technology.
- Ability to work in logical and systematic way.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have an eagerness to learn and willingness to listen to others, and the ability to follow instructions and respond positively to constructive feedback.
- A confident team player who enjoys working with others and is positively motivated to deliver excellent service.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: 29 November 2022
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.