Location: Canary Wharf, London (United Kingdom); officed-based role with flexible, hybrid office/home working offered
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role
Team: This role sits within the Finance team and works closely with the UK payroll coordinator and the HR team.
Reports to: Lead Senior Accountant
We are looking for someone to join the Finance team at a time of change and growth in a newly created role that will act as the primary contact point for coordination of the Foundation’s non-UK payrolls.
In November 2021, the IFRS Foundation Trustees announced the creation of the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) and the consolidation of the Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) and the Value Reporting Foundation (VRF) into the IFRS Foundation. This process was completed on 1 August 2022, and the addition of the new board has taken the Foundation from a ‘one board/two locations’ organisation to a ‘two boards/several locations’ organisation (with offices across multiple time zones). This has resulted in a significant increase in overall headcount as well as the addition of overseas payroll arrangements for staff who are not in the UK. These arrangements are administered for the Foundation by a number of local providers.
We have also engaged a global mobility advisor to help us ensure ongoing compliance with local requirements.
- Work closely with third-party payroll consultants to confirm the tax and social security arrangements that will apply to non-UK new starters.
- Liaise with non-UK new starters to gather payroll information from them and ensure that their new starter details are submitted to the relevant third-party payroll provider.
- Liaising with Finance and HR monthly to discuss any changes/queries to be made to pay for existing staff.
- Collecting and reviewing changes to employee remuneration/time sheets, and ensuring calculations are made and reconciled to third-party payslips to ensure accuracy.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and processes and relevant local regulations.
- Preparing the payroll data and ensuring submission of data within the required deadline, liaising with the third-party providers as required.
- Recording and maintaining accuracy of employee records, including payslip and monthly payroll reports.
- Managing the payments for all relevant employees and ensuring third-party payments are coordinated and made within the required deadline.
- Preparing and posting monthly payroll journals in the finance system (Microsoft Dynamics 365, Business Central), ensuring accuracy of coding.
- Provide cover for the UK payroll coordinator if necessary.
- Preparing payroll reports for audits and for management.
- Comparison of actuals versus budget.
- Being the point of contact to the finance team for processing and audit requirements.
- Managing employee queries in a professional and timely manner.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Completing any ad hoc activities to support the overseas payroll as and when required.
Experience and qualifications sought
- Demonstrable detailed knowledge and experience of processing UK and international payrolls.
- Recognised payroll qualification preferred, but not essential.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting systems, with excellent Excel and MS Word skills.
Skills and attributes
- Be flexible in attitude.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and be able to produce reliable, accurate work.
- Have an eagerness to learn and willingness to listen to others, and the ability to follow instructions and respond positively to constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and numerical skills and have the ability to gather facts/statistics and identify trends/patterns.
- Be able to operate in a fast pace, dynamic environment.
- Offer an ability to build upon strong relationships with stakeholders of all levels.
- Be able to juggle and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to be discreet, with an understanding that confidentiality is absolutely essential, due to the personal and sensitive nature of information being handled.
- A confident team player who enjoys working with others and is positively motivated to deliver excellent service.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: 1 November 2022
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.