Location: Canary Wharf, London (100% office-based role)
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role
Reports to: Global Workplace Manager
The Facilities Team is looking for a Facilities Team Leader who will be responsible for assisting with the full spectrum of facilities management across the site, including team management, internal client relations, contractor management, operations and finance management.
The Facilities Team Leader is crucial to ensuring that IFRS Foundation offices in Canary Wharf are kept in excellent condition, and that staff and visitors can make the best use of the office space provided. The successful candidate will be willing to assume a range of responsibilities and will enjoy helping to make the lives of others easier.
- Supporting the Global Workplace Manager to develop and lead the performance of all our service providers, ie security, hospitality, reception, cleaning and teams.
- Ownership of the facilities helpdesk, ensuring jobs are raised correctly, distributed to the relevant teams and closed off in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to the Facilities management team and liaise with landlords and external contractors.
- Organising and leading a busy Facilities Team (deputising for Global Workplace Manager).
- Ensuring that the facilities are maintained and run smoothly and efficiently and comply with all health and safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Working closely with external contractors (including services such as couriers, deliveries, travel bookings) to ensure they provide the best service.
- Support onboarding new members of staff, ensuring the new starters spreadsheet has been followed and everything is in place for the start date as instructed; organise and help deliver office inductions for new staff and maintain the organisation’s employee directory/telephone list, floor plan and staff manual.
- Build strong relationships with the key stakeholders within the business, providing effective customer service provision.
- Liaise with internal managers for staff moves and logistics.
- Arrange works with suppliers and contractors, organising and planning reactive support as required and conducting service reviews.
- Ensure the delivery of industry-recognised best practices in all elements of site operations.
- Assist with the delivery of health and safety for the office—including risk and DSE assessments.
- Awareness of other team members' roles and ability to offer assistance where required.
- Assist with other ad-hoc duties as directed.
- Ensure the Facilities Coordinators are encouraged, supported, trained and motivated to meet the priorities and objectives of the Foundation.
- Promote an ethos of teamwork and instil a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure duty rotas are prepared effectively to ensure adequate cover is in place according to business needs.
- Ensure the quality standards for facilities services are maintained and their effectiveness monitored and reviewed.
Provide a first-class reception service for guests and staff
- Meet and greet external visitors warmly, professionally and efficiently, directing the visitor to internal colleagues or meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure that the reception area, meeting rooms and communal office spaces are maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure building reception/security are aware of all visitors.
- Proactively assist with signing in and escorting when large conferences/functions are taking place.
- Handle staff queries, in person or by phone/email, referring on to the relevant staff member if required.
- Manage the shared inboxes (‘Reception’, ‘Meetings’, 'Info') in a consistent and timely way, resolving queries in person or ensuring that they are passed on to the appropriate individual.
- Effectively manage the reception diary.
Facilities and building maintenance
- Ensure that any issues relating to the maintenance and repair of the building are managed effectively and efficiently within the Facilities Team and in liaison with external contractors.
- Manage, monitor and supervise contractors on site, log call out/remedial works.
- Key point of contact and face of the Facilities department for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure works are completed according to specification in agreed quotations; approve invoices once works are completed to expected standards.
- Assist other Foundation departments with tasks as required.
- Monitor the Foundation’s provision of trained first aiders and fire wardens, ensuring it is compliant and taking steps to replace or add volunteers as necessary.
- Act as marshal during emergency evacuations and provide support in the event of an onsite emergency.
- Work with the Global Workplace Manager to implement, promote and run the Foundation’s improved recycling scheme.
- Conduct regular cleaning audits for all office areas and highlight any safety or maintenance concerns (including the standard of cleaning of the coffee machines).
- Responsible for liaising with the loading bay for daily deliveries.
Health and safety
- Assist the Global Workplace Manager to ensure the Foundation is adhering to the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Ensure relevant risk assessments for facilities works are undertaken.
- Ensure the Facilities Coordinators use the relevant PPE when carrying out their duties.
- Train and act as a First Aider at work in compliance with current legislation.
Skills, experience and qualifications sought
- experience of working in a similar role;
- technical awareness to ensure service excellence from contractors;
- IT literate and competent;
- be success driven, with a focus on achieving both personal and team goals;
- health and safety competency (IOSH Managing Safely desirable);
- positive outlook and motivated to provide excellent service;
- positive and flexible attitude, courteous and helpful manner, and ability to work collegially with others, including providing support/cover for colleagues;
- strong team player who can also work independently;
- ability to prioritise and manage a varied, and sometimes demanding workload;
- punctual and reliable, with excellent organisational and time management skills;
- ability to remain composed and calm, even when under pressure;
- good written and spoken communications skills with the ability to relay information accurately;
- previous experience in a similar office services role;
- proficiency in MS Office, in particular Excel and Word; and
- professional appearance.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: 6 November 2022
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.