Location: Frankfurt am Main (Germany) or Canary Wharf, London (United Kingdom), officed-based role, with flexible, hybrid office/home working offered.
Duration: Fixed term (12 to 24 months approximately)
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 per week
About the role
Reports to: Programme Director
To manage one or more assigned workstreams within the context of a change programme called One Foundation, which is in progress and expected to run for approximatley two further years.1
The HR workstream contains projects and activities to support an organisational model which now has two standard-setting boards, one of which has new locations. The position will focus on:
- ensuring that objectives and outcomes are agreed and understood; realised; and lessons embedded into the organisation; and
- taking responsibility for coordinating/driving forward planning, execution, progress monitoring and reporting, together with all necessary/relevant project documentation.
Work closely with designated accountable workstream and project leads, together with leadership and staff from the IFRS Foundation, and with the support of the Programme Director, to:
- define and agree relevant project objectives, risks, timescale and costs, working with stakeholders;
- develop and maintain project plans, identifying key deliverables, timelines and milestones;
- identify resource requirements and engage teams and vendors as required to fulfil project deliverables, identifying and escalating gaps;
- drive process to achieve milestones, including convening people as needed (identifying who should participate, developing agendas, getting meetings scheduled, tracking meeting decisions, outcomes and actions, etc.);
- manage delivery to agreed quality/time/cost expectations, escalating where required, including with third-party vendors where necessary;
- ensure revisions to project objectives/deliverables/plans are duly reviewed and approved;
- identify key stakeholders and maintain appropriate levels of engagement and communication;
- ensure timely reporting in accordance with requirements;
- ensure that risks, issues and interdependencies are effectively managed and escalated where necessary for support and resolution; and
- support and champion the use of any applicable programme and project management standards.
Skills and attributes
- Deep understanding of project management disciplines.
- Deep experience of major HR transformation in a global, preferably merger-related context (e.g. staff contract transfer, other sensitive and major HR-driven changes across the workforce).
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English language).
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills, cross-functionally and across different organisations, at different organisational levels.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise time, including across multiple projects.
- Flexibility and pragmatism in approach, remaining composed under pressure.
- Creative and proactive problem-solving approach, finding ways to make progress through complexity and uncertainty.
- Ability to understand and respect established working practices while identifying and championing progressive changes.
- Ability to understand and map processes to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Ability to identify and manage project risks, escalating judiciously when required.
- Ability to relate to the needs and operating environment of an international, not-for-profit body with a strong public service mission.
- Fast learner, ability to navigate the different organisations and get up to speed quickly on key topics.
- Strong team player with an ability to work independently in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Demonstrable, significant track record of project delivery experience (preferably in an international and/or integration context) drawn from formal methodology certification (APM/PMI/PRINCE2 and Agile methods).
- Strong planning & scheduling skills, with proven ability to synthesise and analyse data from multiple inputs and PowerPoint & Excel skills.
- Comfortable with SharePoint & O365.
- Change management qualification and experience desirable.
- Prior experience of working in a not-for-profit context desirable.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- the job title/position you are interested in and the location of the job (in the subject line of your email); and
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: 10 October 2022
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.