Location: Canary Wharf, London (United Kingdom) (officed-based role, with flexible, hybrid office/home working offered)
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
About the role
Team: Technical Accountants (authoring), Editorial and IT teams. There are currently seven members of the Production team (Head of Publishing, Production Designer, XML Publishing Specialist x2, Systems and Data Analyst x2, and Assistant Systems and Data Analyst). The team is responsible for producing, maintaining and managing IFRS Foundation content in DITA XML through to our content management system (AEM). This position works closely with the XML Publishing Specialists, Systems and Data Analysts and Assistant Systems and Data Analyst as well as the technical authoring staff (who draft the content in MS Word) and the in-house editorial team, before it is handed over to Production. Content includes IFRS® Accounting Standards and the new IFRS® Sustainability Disclosure Standards as well as associated due process material.
Reports to: XML Publishing Specialist
Job purpose: To produce, maintain and manage IFRS Foundation content. To continuously improve content and processes by leveraging available technology. To support colleagues and Head of Publishing as required.
- Produce and maintain IFRS Foundation’s content in XML and all other media formats.
- Contribute to the publication of new content created by IASB and ISSB Technical Staff.
- Assist in all aspects of bound volume publishing including:
- Updating and organising relevant content;
- Communication with relevant technical staff;
- Collaboration with and support of team members; and
- Adequate quality assurance of entire content set.
- Quality check output in all formats ensuring that all content is:
- Error free; and
- Help manage and safeguard content management workflows.
- Assist with content management system trouble-shooting and problem resolution.
- Be responsible for end-to-end delivery of due process documents under the direction of the Systems & Data Analyst.
Website administration, development and customer value creation
- Ensure the efficient, accurate and punctual upload of all content assets to IFRS Foundation websites.
- In collaboration with the IT and Communications teams manage relevant websites, including stylesheet development and enhancement.
- Identify problems and formulate solutions leading to improvements to content and websites.
- Continuously improve operational efficiency and enhance customer value of existing products.
- Support IASB and ISSB Staff in all aspects of their work of developing Standards.
- Support the IFRS Foundation’s operational staff in all aspects of their work of disseminating Standards globally; and.
- Offer an outstanding customer service experience to all of the IFRS Foundation’s end users – professionals who use and apply the Standards.
Skills and Experience
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Experience of editing in XML / HTML.
- Experience of using Content Management Systems and/or website administration.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines without this impacting accuracy or quality.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Flexible, proactive approach to delivering each job in an efficient and timely way.
- Ability to work in logical and systematic way.
- Experience of working on accountancy, tax or legal content.
- Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers (such as typesetters, data capture houses).
- Knowledge of the Adobe product suite (including AEM), Word and Oxygen (tagging, table formatting, output calibration, etc.
Please send a detailed CV/résumé to email@example.com. Please include the following information or your application may not be considered:
- covering email/letter detailing how you meet the specified role requirements and your salary expectations.
Closing date: 9 October 2022
Interviews are held via video conference as part of our standard international recruitment process.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.