On 23 July the International Accounting Standards Board held a joint meeting with the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). This was during a monthly IASB meeting on 22–25 July.
The summaries of the discussions in both meetings make up the July 2019 IASB Update, which has been published. The IASB work plan has also been updated.
The topics at the IASB–FASB joint meeting, in order of discussion, were:
- Segment reporting
- Primary Financial Statements / Financial Performance Reporting
- Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Equity / Distinguishing Liabilities from Equity
- IBOR Reform
- Goodwill and Impairment / Identifiable Intangible Assets and Subsequent Accounting for Goodwill
- Disclosure Initiative / Disclosure Framework
The topics discussed at the IASB meeting, in order of discussion, were:
- SME Standard review and update
- Implementation matters: IFRIC Update
- Classification of Liabilities as Current or Non-current (Amendments to IAS 1)
- Goodwill and Impairment
- Management Commentary
- Business Combinations under Common Control
- Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Equity
- Rate-regulated Activities
- Disclosure Initiative
- Primary Financial Statements
- IBOR Reform and the Effects on Financial Reporting
- Dynamic Risk Management
Previous Updates are available here.
View the work plan here.