The IFRS Foundation seeks a Research Officer to join the Information Management team, to provide research and current awareness support to the organisation.
Who we are looking for
More specifically, the successful candidate will take responsibility for:
- Executing research on long term projects requiring in-depth investigation and analysis, using appropriate external literature and internal data sources, resources and expertise
- Advising staff on search strategies and resources to facilitate their own independent research
- Compiling periodic digests of research reports and press stories relevant to our research projects
- Maintaining an interactive role during the course of a project, responding to research needs as part of the project life cycle
- Designing questionnaires and managing the process of delivering them to external parties
- Presenting results in an appropriate format, including summaries, reports, and spreadsheets
- Delivering ongoing training of staff on research products and techniques
- Carrying out all administration associated with the role such as document libraries on SharePoint, document management etc.
What you will bring
The successful candidate will be positively motivated to provide excellent service and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience providing information or research in a busy environment
- Familiarity with online literature and financial databases such as Ebsco, Nexis, AlphaSense, and Capital IQ
- Knowledge or interest in the areas of business economics, finance or professional services
- Good knowledge of SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A qualification in library or information management would enhance your application.
Read the full job description.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role, together with your current salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 21 June 2019
We may commence interviews prior to the closing date, so please apply without delay if you feel your skills and experience match our criteria.Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.