Chair and Vice-Chair of the International Accounting Standards Board (Board) Hans Hoogervorst and Sue Lloyd join communications team member Kasia Gilewska to take us through the decisions made at the October Board meeting.
With a focus on projects linked to financial instruments, they talk about:
- further amendments to IFRS Standards in light of the second phase of the IBOR project;
- the Board’s work on the accounting model that will enable investors to understand a company’s dynamic risk management and how it will seek stakeholder feedback on the model;
- the timeline for the Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Equity project, following the Board’s September decision to propose some clarifying amendments to IAS 32;
- developments in the Management Commentary project, including the staff’s research into the business model; and
- ·one of the two approaches the Board is considering for the accounting for combinations of businesses under common control—the predecessor approach.
Hans also talks about some of the highlights of the most recent IFRS Foundation Trustees’ meeting and a stakeholder event aimed at the investor community, both held in New York earlier this month.