The IFRS Advisory Council met on 18–19 September 2019 in London to discuss:
- 2020 Agenda Consultation—Proposed Approach
- Consistent Adoption and Application of IFRS Standards
- Digital Experience for Customers and Stakeholders
- Effective Risk Management
- Effect of Technology on the Investment Process
- Update on Trustees and Foundation Activities
The Advisory Council Chair Joanna Perry's report on the meeting is now available, summarising these discussions.
About the IFRS Advisory Council
The Advisory Council is the formal advisory body to the International Accounting Standards Board and the Trustees of the IFRS Foundation. It consists of a wide range of representatives, comprising individuals and organisations with an interest in international financial reporting.
The focus of the Advisory Council is to provide strategic support and advice to the IFRS Foundation, and it meets in London at least two times a year for a period of two days.