The last monthly podcast of 2018 features Hans Hoogervorst and Sue Lloyd, Chair and Vice-Chair of the International Accounting Standards Board, together with Technical Staff Member Matt Tilling. They discuss the December meeting of the Board as well as other recent developments. Among the topics discussed were:
- the Board’s recent meeting with the Accounting Standards Advisory Forum (ASAF), which is the Board’s technical advisory group consisting of standard-setters from around the world, and the technical documents published in the past month, including a summary report on the post-implementation review of the fair value measurement Standard, IFRS 13;
- the Board’s continuing discussion on IFRS 17 Insurance Contracts, which entailed the Board deciding to propose a targeted amendment to the Standard. A more detailed podcast covering the IFRS 17 discussion and a short news story about the decision to propose an amendment are also available;
- the presentation of management performance measures, which was part of the Board’s discussion on its Primary Financial Statements project;
- interest-rate benchmark reform and how those reforms are relevant to the Board’s work. The Board decided to move its project on such benchmarks, also called IBORs, from its research agenda to its standard-setting agenda with the more time critical accounting issues being considered first; and
- the accounting model for rate-regulated activities on which the Board plans to publish a consultation document in 2019.