In this webcast, International Accounting Standards Board (Board) Technical Director Kumar Dasgupta provides an overview of the Discussion Paper Financial Instruments with Characteristics of Equity that was published in June 2018.
The Discussion Paper sets out the Board's preferred approach to classification of a financial instrument from the perspective of the issuer as a financial liability or an equity instrument.
The webcast is the first in a series of web presentations to help stakeholders as they prepare to submit their comments on the Discussion Paper.
Future webcasts will cover:
- the Board’s preferred approach and classification of non-derivative financial instruments;
- classification of derivatives on own equity;
- classification of compound instruments and redemption obligation arrangements;
- presentation of equity instruments; and
- presentation of financial liabilities.
This webcast can also be accessed on YouTube.