The IFRS Foundation has released the first three of 35 stand-alone modules designed to provide support to anyone learning about, applying or reading financial statements prepared using the IFRS for SMEs Standard. Each module covers one of the 35 sections in the amended IFRS for SMEs Standard and includes:
- requirements—the full text of the section of the IFRS for SMEs Standard reproduced with added notes and examples. The notes and examples are designed to explain and illustrate the requirements;
- significant estimates and other judgements—a discussion of the significant estimates and other judgements likely to be made in accounting for transactions and events when applying the section of the IFRS for SMEs Standard;
- comparison with full IFRS Standards—a summary of the main differences between the section of the IFRS for SMEs Standard and the corresponding full IFRS Standard;
- test your knowledge—multiple-choice questions, with answers, designed to test the learner's knowledge of the requirements of the section of the IFRS for SMEs Standard; and
- apply your knowledge—case studies, with solutions, designed to develop the skills needed to account for transactions and events in accordance with the IFRS for SMEs Standard.
The modules can be accessed here.
The remaining modules will be published over the coming months. To stay informed and find out when new modules are published click on the “follow” button at the top of this page.