The IFRS Advisory Council held its first meeting of 2018 on 27–28 February at the Grange City Hotel in London.
The topics on the agenda were discussion and provision of advice in relation to:
- the value and effectiveness of the International Accounting Standards Board’s approach to effects analysis;
- the effectiveness of the Board’s current conference strategy;
- an academic liaison strategy;
- the 2018 review of the Accounting Standards Advisory Forum (ASAF);
- progress on the IFRS Foundation’s Emerging Economies engagement; and
- the Foundation’s proposed social media strategy.
The meeting summary is available here.
The Chair of the IFRS Advisory Council Joanna Perry joined Education Director Matt Tilling in the first podcast produced after a meeting of the IFRS Advisory Council. Its purpose is to provide a summary of the meeting and its key discussions as well as the role of this advisory body. To listen to the podcast, click here, or view it on Youtube.