The International Accounting Standards Board (Board), in conjunction with the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG), the European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies (EFFAS), and the Association Belge des Analystes Financiers (ABAF/BVFA), held an outreach event for investors on 03 July 2017 in Brussels.
EFRAG has now published a summary report on this event, which can be found here.
The event introduced the main elements of the Discussion Paper, the preliminary positions held, focused on the information needs of investors, and sought input on the following issues included in the Discussion Paper:
- Can principles make communication more effective?
- What do investors think are useful examples of disclosures in the financial statements?
- Alternative (non-IFRS) performance measures in the financial statements: misleading or useful?
- Should unusual or infrequently occurring items be separately reported and if so how?
- How important is the application of materiality when deciding what and how to disclose information?
More information about the Disclosure Initiative: Principles of Disclosure project can be found here.