Salary: Various, dependent upon experience
Who we are and what we do
The IFRS® Foundation (Foundation) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation which works in the public interest. Our mission is to develop IFRS Standards that bring transparency, accountability and efficiency to financial markets around the world. Our work serves the public interest by fostering trust, growth and long-term financial stability in the global economy.
The Foundation is a stimulating and challenging place to work. We have around 150 staff, mainly based in London, drawn from nearly 30 nationalities covering roles in technical accounting, operational and support functions.
What we are looking for
We are seeking staff with appropriate experience to join our team as Technical Associates, Assistant Technical Managers and Technical Managers.
We are especially interested in applications from candidates who would like to work with the IFRS Taxonomy and who, in addition to the requirements detailed in the job spec, have experience of assessing, defining and organising data and have knowledge of the role of electronic reporting and technology in financial reporting. Training in the IFRS Taxonomy will be provided for the right candidates.
Technical Associates may come from a variety of backgrounds and are appointed on a fixed term basis of two years. They will be educated to degree level and will have some experience of applying or interpreting IFRS Standards or other GAAP. They will be interested in developing their knowledge of technical issues and the standard setting process and will do this by undertaking primarily technical administrative support and research for a portfolio of technical accounting projects.
As their experience builds, the range of activities they are involved in will also increase.
Technical Managers and Assistant Technical Managers
Technical Managers and Assistant Technical Managers join us from a variety of backgrounds, including the profession, investment banking, industry, academia and other standard setters or regulators. Although most of the technical team have accounting experience, we also recruit people with backgrounds in economics, finance and valuation. A Masters degree or accountancy/CFA qualification is required, and previous experience and detailed knowledge of applying and interpreting IFRS Standards across a range of technical areas is highly desirable.
Technical Managers and Assistant Technical Managers are expected to:
- be able to write clearly and concisely and to have experience writing technical documents in English.
- have well-developed analytical and research skills, understand the need for an evidence-informed approach, and be able to demonstrate conceptual thinking.
- have strong technical knowledge with the potential to develop their specialist technical knowledge according to the projects they work on.
- be able to develop project plans and meet milestones in accordance with the planned timetable.
- have a strong team ethic with the ability to collaborate effectively with others, whilst also being able to work independently.
- be able to take/provide direction and set/meet performance targets.
- build constructive and productive relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- be committed to the objectives and processes of the IFRS Foundation and to the ideals of standard setting in the public interest.
To apply, please send a detailed CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org which includes:
- The role you wish to apply for;
- Your salary expectations;
- A succinct outline of why you meet the requirements of the role
Closing date:11 August 2017
Due to the number of responses we receive we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.