The International Accounting Standards Board (the Board), in conjunction with the European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG), the European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies (EFFAS) and the Association Belge des Analystes Financiers (ABAF/BVFA), invites investors to participate in a joint outreach event on the Discussion Paper Disclosure Initiative—Principles of Disclosure.
The Disclosure Initiative is part of the Board’s work on Better Communication in Financial Reporting. The Discussion Paper suggests principles governing what, how and where information should be disclosed in the financial statements to improve the information provided to users of financial statements.
The event introduces the main elements of the Discussion Paper, the preliminary positions held, is focused on the information needs of investors, and seeks input on the following issues included in the Discussion Paper:
- Can principles make communication more effective?
- What do investors think are useful examples of disclosures in the financial statements?
- Alternative (non-IFRS) performance measures in the financial statements: misleading or useful?
- Should unusual or infrequently occurring items be separately reported and if so how?
- How important is the application of materiality when deciding what and how to disclose information?
The discussion will feature a panel of leaders in the investment management industry and the accounting standard-setting community.
To register please send an email including your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 June 2017. There is no charge for participation.
This event forms part of a comprehensive programme of outreach activities to all IFRS stakeholders. Find out more about IASB investor outreach here.
More information about the Disclosure Initiative: Principles of Disclosure project can be found here.