Duration: 12 month fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension or permanency
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits
Reports to: Website Manager
The Web Editor will be responsible for editing, creating and publishing content on the IFRS Foundation’s public website. The Web Editor will also be responsible for promoting content through the organisation’s social media, intranet and other digital channels to encourage engagement in its activities. The Web Editor will have the opportunity to contribute actively to the origination of web content, and to the style and management of the site
Online content management
- work with staff across the organisation to compile, edit and produce content for a range of audiences and interests to be published on ifrs.org and as email alerts, newsletters and other online communications;
- create, publish and manage content using the Sitecore content management system (CMS) and other tools;
- ensure that all content published is:
- accurate and free of grammatical, typographical or other errors (such as broken links) and adheres to W3C accessibility guidelines and usability best practice;
- written in a concise style that can be easily digested by a wide audience, and leveraging the use of multi-media content (audio, video, images, etc) where appropriate;
- current and up to date through periodic reviews;
- high quality, relevant and consistently applied throughout the site/s; and
- adherent to Search Engine Optimisation best practice.
- architect new sections collaboratively with other departments. Work with nominated content owners to establish systems and procedures to ensure that content remains up to date;
- work with team members to help develop the organisation’s digital communication strategy; and
- work with the Comms team to populate the Sharepoint Intranet.
- understand in detail all aspects of the IFRS public website, how it functions and how its effectiveness is measured;
- understand the organisation’s stakeholders and how the site can meet their needs;
- work with the Website Manager and IT department to help implement new sites, designs and improvements; and
- trouble-shoot basic user problems, for both internal and external stakeholders.
Social media deployment
- manage existing social media platforms to drive traffic and increase interactions;
- explore the use of appropriate new and emerging social media platforms as communication tools to reach a broader audience.
Other digital-related projects and tasks
- maintain a comprehensive web editorial style guide;
- assist with ad-hoc projects as required, such as proofreading and liaising with designers, photographers and videographers.
Qualifications and experience
- previous experience in a web editing role, preferably with an editorial background;
- demonstrable knowledge and experience of using:
- Web CMSs
- Web processes, eg SEO, W3C accessibility guidelines, usability best practice
- intermediate knowledge of HTML for web and email.
- knowledge of Sitecore
- knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2018
- previous experience of website building/redesign projects
- previous experience of project management
Skills and attributes
- strong English language writing and oral skills, in particular the ability to:
- write clearly and succinctly;
- edit the content of others for clarity and accuracy and make recommendations and improvements.
- high level of attention to detail and fastidious grammar;
- diplomatic team-player who can work effectively and collaboratively with individuals at all levels;
- positive attitude; high degree of integrity and professionalism; ability to remain composed under pressure;
- proactive problem-solver who can use their skills and initiative to work autonomously, whilst remaining alert to the need to consult and update colleagues as appropriate;
- excellent organisation skills; ability to effectively plan and manage own work; and
- ability to work flexibly, respond to conflicting demands on an urgent and ad-hoc basis and prioritise workload appropriately.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role, together with your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Open until filled
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.