Salary—dependent on experience, plus other benefits
Who we are looking for
We are looking for experienced technical accountants to join our staff. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience of—or interest in—topics on the Board’s current work plan or in the research pipeline.
Reporting to senior technical staff, the successful candidates will support the delivery of a large project or group of smaller projects by conducting research and analysis on technical accounting issues, engaging with stakeholders, and developing recommendations for consideration by the International Accounting Standards Board. Specific role responsibilities will vary according to each candidates’ level of experience, the project/s they are assigned to and where that project currently is in its lifecycle. General role responsibilities will include:
- Support senior staff in delivering technical projects by:
- Meeting planned project milestones.
- Managing committees and working groups.
- Managing technical administrative matters.
- Develop proposals on specific accounting issues for consideration by the Board and facilitate decision-making on the issues identified by:
- Undertaking research to support proposals.
- Initiating and leading small group meetings with Board members.
- Drafting recommendations and presenting them to the Board.
- Act as a credible and authoritative representative of the Board by participating in formal meetings and presentations, and engaging with a wide range of external stakeholders from industry and the accounting, investment, regulatory and standard-setting communities.
- Prepare board and IFRIC® Interpretations papers, staff papers, discussion papers, exposure drafts, IFRS Standards, IFRIC Interpretations, press releases, project summaries, feedback statements, effect analyses, web summaries, Q&A summaries, PowerPoint presentations and other documents.
What you will bring
Skills and attributes
- excellent skills in spoken and written English communication; in particular the ability to write and present findings clearly and concisely;
- well-developed knowledge of IFRS Standards or other GAAP;
- the ability to understand in detail a range of complex financial reporting issues, to think conceptually and objectively about these issues, and to identify and develop practical solutions;
- strong analytical and research skills; the competence to identify research requirements and the type of evidence to collect;
- the ability to understand and consider different viewpoints, and respond to and challenge them constructively;
- strong team ethic; the facility to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals at all levels;
- a positive attitude; a high degree of integrity and professionalism; and an ability to work flexibly and to adapt to changing priorities;
- a commitment to the organisation’s objectives and to the ideals of standard-setting in the public interest.
Qualifications and experience
- previous experience of applying and interpreting IFRS Standards in a technical accounting or accounting policy role is strongly preferred;
- previous experience of writing technical accounting documents is essential;
- knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is required;
- a university degree, or equivalent-level qualification, in accounting or a related subject is required.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role, together with your salary expectations, to email@example.com.
Closing date: 1 December 2017
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.