Salary: Competitive; dependent on experience, plus other benefits
Who we are looking for
We are looking for experienced technical accountants to join our staff. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience of—or interest in—topics within the Board’s current areas of focus or research pipeline.
You will support the delivery of a large project or group of smaller projects, although specific role responsibilities will vary according to each candidates’ level of experience, the project/s they are assigned to, and where that project currently is in its lifecycle.
Nonetheless, general role responsibilities will include:
- Develop technical proposals for consideration by the Board, and facilitate the Board’s decision-making on issues identified by:
- Undertaking research to support proposals.
- Initiating and leading discussions with Board members.
- Drafting recommendations and presenting them to the Board.
- Prepare a range of documents for internal and external use.
- Act as a credible and authoritative representative of the Board by consulting with a wide range of external stakeholders from industry and the accounting, investment, regulatory and standard-setting communities, in order to ascertain their views and to share information.
- Support senior staff with implementing project plans.
- Manage committees and working groups.
- Manage technical administrative matters.
What you will bring
- Previous experience of applying or interpreting IFRS Standards or other GAAP is required, preferably in a technical accounting or accounting policy role.
- Previous experience of writing technical accounting documents is essential.
- Ability to understand a range of complex financial reporting issues, to think about them conceptually, and to identify and develop practical solutions to address them.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills; in particular the ability to write and present findings clearly and concisely.
- Strong team ethic, with the facility to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals at all levels.
- A positive attitude; a high degree of integrity and professionalism; the ability to remain composed under pressure.
- A commitment to the organisation’s objectives and to the ideals of standard setting in the public interest.
- A university degree, or equivalent-level qualification, in accounting or a related subject is required.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role, together with your salary expectations, to email@example.com.
Closing date: 31 May 2018
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.