Salary: Competitive; dependent on experience, plus other benefits
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced, senior IFRS practitioner with in-depth experience of accounting for financial instruments to join our staff. You will oversee the delivery of the Board’s financial instruments projects, and manage issues arising from the implementation of IFRS 9 Financial Instruments.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the development of technical proposals for consideration by the Board, and facilitate the Board’s decision-making on issues identified by conducting research, preparing and reviewing a range of documents, and educating the Board and staff.
- Supervise the work of project team members and contribute to managing and developing team performance.
- Work with the Director to develop and implement project plans and strategy to deal with wider project opportunities and risks, including political issues.
- Consult with a wide range of external stakeholders from industry and the accounting, investment, regulatory and standard-setting communities, in order to ascertain their views and to share research, materials and information about the organisation, projects and the standard-setting process.
- Maintain and develop the Board's knowledge of—and relationships with— external parties, and acting as a credible and authoritative representative of the Board.
- Keep up to date with relevant external developments through reading relevant news items, research papers and other communications on financial reporting.
Participate in—and contribute to—the development, management and culture of the wider organisation
What you will bring
- Broad and detailed knowledge of applying and interpreting IFRS Standards and other GAAP, particularly accounting for financial instruments.
- Ability to understand a range of complex financial reporting issues, to think about them conceptually, and to identify and develop practical solutions to address them.
- Well-developed analytical and research skills to prepare and review papers on a range of technical accounting subjects.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills; ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner, tailored for the particular audience.
- Strong team ethic, with the facility to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals at all levels.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism; the ability to remain composed under pressure.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and relationship-building skills in an international, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to understand and consider different standpoints on an issue and to challenge them constructively.
- Competence to lead and present effectively at meetings.
- A commitment to the organisation’s objectives and to the ideals of standard-setting in the public interest.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role, together with your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.