Salary: Competitive salary, dependent on experience, plus benefits
Who we are and what we do
The IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, which works in the public interest. Our mission is to develop Standards that bring transparency, accountability and efficiency to financial markets around the world. Our work serves the public interest by fostering trust, growth and long-term financial stability in the global economy.
The Foundation is a stimulating and challenging place to work. We have around 150 staff, mainly based in London, drawn from nearly 30 nationalities covering roles in technical accounting, operational and support functions.
What we are looking for
A team of administrators work together to provide support across the organisation. Each administrator has their own responsibilities, however these may shift from time to time, and administrators cover for each other during periods of leave. The successful candidate will be someone who has a flexible attitude, is able to assume responsibility for a range of tasks, and enjoys helping to make the lives of others easier.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Individual support to a team of 12 international expert accountants (Board Members)
- Co-ordinating detailed and frequently changing national and international travel arrangements, including itinerary planning, securing visas and other travel documentation, arranging car/rail/flight/hotel bookings applying IFRS Foundation travel policy
- Gather and maintain whereabouts of all Board Members two months in advance. Ensure information is passed to the relevant departments
- Set up meetings as requested by individual Board Members, and support diary updates and create itineraries as required
- General administrative support, as requested e.g. printing meeting support documentation, correspondence, arranging dinners, maintaining holiday database
- Managing logistics for meetings, conference calls and video conferences
Meeting Support for bi-annual external event
- External venue liaison: coordinating logistical arrangements (catering, AV requirements etc)
- Managing the full delegate registration process
- Ensure logistics, visuals and documentation are completed to deadline and to a high standard as required
- Distributing event documentation and event materials (electronically using SharePoint system) and distribute hard copies as necessary
- On-site management on the days of the event at the venue
- Manage the organisation’s speaker request process
- Undertake ad hoc projects as and when required
- Provide backup support to other secretarial and administrative staff as needed to meet meeting and technical deadlines. [Working really well as a team of support staff is important to us.]
What you will need
Skills and attributes
- Positive, flexible and proactive approach;
- High degree of integrity and professionalism with the ability to remain composed under pressure;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Desire to provide support to others;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams and respond positively to constructive feedback;
- Excellent organisation skills; ability to effectively plan and manage work, respond to conflicting demands on an urgent and ad-hoc basis and prioritise workload appropriately;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work assertively and confidently with colleagues at all levels
Qualifications and experience
- Previous experience in a similar support role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com.
Closing date: 4 August 2017
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please do not delay in submitting your application as interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
Due to the number of responses we receive we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.