Duration: permanent, or a fixed-term secondment
Salary: competitive; dependent on experience, plus other benefits
Who we are looking for
The Foundation maintains and develops the IFRS Taxonomy, which reflects the presentation and disclosure requirements of IFRS Standards, and improves communication between preparers and users of financial statements that comply with IFRS Standards.
We are looking for an experienced taxonomy manager to join our staff to oversee the development of the IFRS Taxonomy and engage with global stakeholders on a range of issues relating to the development, adoption and implementation of the taxonomy. Working closely with technical accounting staff and the International Accounting Standards Board, role responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the development of the taxonomy. This includes contributing to the development of financial reporting content, ensuring it is modelled correctly and with appropriate IT/XBRL architecture.
- Acting as a credible and authoritative representative of the Board by engaging and collaborating with stakeholders from the accounting, business, IT, regulatory, standard-setting and XBRL communities on issues relating to the development and adoption of the taxonomy.
- Preparing documents and materials to support the use and implementation of the taxonomy, and facilitate understanding and decision-making on related issues.
- Working with senior staff to develop and implement project plans and strategy to expand the use and adoption of the taxonomy.
- Supervising the work and performance of team members.
What you will bring
Skills and attributes
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills; in particular the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner, tailored for the particular audience.
- Well-developed and analytical and research skills to prepare and review papers on a range of subjects.
- Strong team ethic, with the facility to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals at all levels.
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism; the ability to remain composed under pressure.
- Ability to work flexibly and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to understand and consider different standpoints on an issue to challenge them constructively.
- Competence to lead and present effectively at meetings.
- A commitment to the organisation’s objectives and to the ideals of standard setting in the public interest.
- Experience of taxonomy development is essential.
- Experience of working with XBRL, management / accounting information systems, and business data content and models would be highly advantageous.
- Experience in corporate financial reporting, particularly applying or interpreting IFRS Standards or other GAAP, is preferred.
- Experience of managing relationships in an international environment and delivering high-quality outputs to tight deadlines is required.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role, together with your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.