Salary: Competitive, dependent upon experience, plus benefits
Who we are and what we do
The IFRS® Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit organisation. Our mission is to develop Standards that bring transparency, accountability and efficiency to financial markets around the world. Our work serves the public interest by fostering trust, growth and long-term financial stability in the global economy. The Foundation is a stimulating and challenging place to work. Numbering around 150, and based mainly in London, our multinational staff pursue roles in technical accounting and operations.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic individual to become an integral member of the front of house team. The role of Receptionist is crucial to ensuring that a professional and seamless front of house service is provided for all staff and visitors in our internationally-diverse office.
As Receptionist you will provide a first-class reception service for guests and staff by:
- Warmly welcoming external visitors, handing them over professionally and efficiently to internal colleagues as appropriate;
- Managing staff queries;
- Managing shared inboxes and the reception diary;
- Answering and screening telephone calls;
- Ensuring reception, meeting rooms and communal space are maintained;
- Acting as a marshal during emergency evacuations;
- Assisting Facilities and the Executive team with administrative duties as required.
What you will bring
To be successful in the role of Receptionist you will be a positive and motivated individual with the ability to work flexibly and independently as well as part of a team. You will be willing to assume responsibility for a range of tasks and enjoy helping to make the lives of others easier.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a Receptionist role within an International/Global organisation;
- Experience of hospitality events including, conferences and board meetings;
- Experience of receiving international visitors and guests;
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied, and sometimes demanding workload;
- Good written and spoken communications skills with the ability to relay information accurately;
- Proficiency in MS Office, in particular Excel and Word.
Although not essential, additional language skills would be also be an advantage for this role.
A full job specification is available here.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role, together with your current salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 1 August 2019
We may commence interviews prior to the closing date, so please apply without delay if you feel your skills and experience match our criteria. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.