Salary: Competitive, plus generous benefits
Hours: 35 per week
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a talented Information Assistant to join the Information Management team, which provides research and current awareness support to the organisation. The role is newly created and will support the Research Officer and Systems & Data Analyst to provide an important service to the organisation by:
- Compiling regular current awareness updates including a daily summary of press coverage
- Using appropriate internal and external information resources to respond to quick turnaround research enquiries
- Monitoring the team’s shared inboxes and actioning or escalating queries to other team members
- Managing data entry, ensuring that data is inputted consistently and in accordance with set guidelines
- Assisting the Research Officer and Systems & Data Analyst with in-depth research enquiries and administration of information resources, as well as project work as required
- Creating, updating and maintaining SharePoint content as required
- Maintaining a hard copy library and processing acquisitions
What you will bring
To be successful in the role of Information Assistant, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in an information or research-based role
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience of searching for and retrieving information using online databases
- Knowledge or interest in the areas of business economics, finance or professional services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as good analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to form positive working relationships and to collaborate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Commitment to the objectives and processes of the IASB and to the ideals of standard-setting in the public interest
Although not essential a qualification in information or library management, market research or similar disciplines would be highly beneficial. In addition, an understanding of the key principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and familiarity with business information databases such as Ebsco, Nexis, Newsdesk, AlphaSense, and Capital IQ, would be helpful.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role, together with your current salary, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 27 January 2020
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.