Compensation: Competitive, plus other benefits
Who we are looking for
Reporting to our Director of Operations, the successful candidate will manage the delivery of the vision set out for the Content Services division by smooth and effective management of the relevant teams which ensure that the Foundation generates, publishes, promotes and sells its intellectual property in a manner consistent with its public interest mission and contributes to its self-generated income.
More specifically, the successful candidate will take responsibility for:
- Working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, deliver the Content Services strategy that
- articulates when, where and how commercial opportunities should be pursued and where public interest considerations should take precedence;
- identifies customer groups and markets, as well as pricing and retention strategies;
- implements a plan for achieving agreed retention and growth targets by delivering the programme of initiatives for increasing sustainable income; and
- develops existing, and establishes new, business relationships.
- Ensuring that all business development discussions and activities consider the public interest goals of the Foundation and identify both the risks and the opportunities involved
- Providing leadership and line management to all Content Services staff to manage their performance and enable the development of their skills and effectiveness; oversees the Programme Manager who supports the Strategic Projects Board.
- Management and oversight of the production process from completed authored product to final publication.
Please read the full job description.
What you will bring
The successful candidate will have a positive flexible attitude with a high degree of integrity and professionalism. They will display a willingness to work in and appreciation of activities which combine the public interest and commercial activities.
Qualifications and experience
- Established track record in digital publishing, ideally with technical content
- Experience of licensing digital and print IP to third party commercial organisations and good experience of IP management
- Experience of customer relationship management systems and customer master data management
- Strong relationship building skills, able to listen and quickly establish rapport with staff, customers and third parties; diplomatic team-player who can work effectively and collaboratively with individuals at all levels
- Strong interest in and previous experience of managing and developing staff
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role, together with your salary expectations, to email@example.com.
Closing date: 9 February 2018
We may commence interviews prior to the closing date, so please apply without delay if you feel your skills and experience match our criteria.Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.