Salary: competitive, dependent on experience, plus generous benefits
Location: London, Canary Wharf (E14)
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00–17.00, reduced hours over 5 days considered for the right candidate
Who we are and what we do
The IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, which works in the public interest. Our mission is to develop Standards that bring transparency, accountability and efficiency to financial markets around the world. Our work serves the public interest by fostering trust, growth and long-term financial stability in the global economy. The Foundation is a stimulating and challenging place to work. We have around 150 staff, mainly based in London, drawn from over 30 nationalities covering roles in technical accounting, operational and support functions.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced facilities manager to run the front of house team in the Foundation’s new offices at Canary Wharf. Your role will take full ownership of the facilities management of the new premises and lead the provision of an excellent front of house service to visitors as well as to our 150 staff.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will:
- define, deliver and continually improve the IFRS Foundation’s “front of house experience”, agreeing the Service Level Agreements and procedures that underpin the onsite service and acting as day to day contact for all front of house related matters,
- manage front of house staff and resourcing, defining and clarifying role expectations, service levels and responsibilities
- provide strong, visible and highly professional leadership to the front of house team, both on a one to one and group basis
- manage the day to day facilities at the Foundation’s offices, with full ownership of all Health & Safety and Building Maintenance matters.
- act as the main point of contact with Canary Wharf Estates, suppliers and sub-contractors, ensuring that building maintenance is carried out.
What you will bring
- Previous experience in a facilities management role, ideally in a similar-sized organisation
- Excellent people management skills, with previous experience of managing a team essential
- Experience of working in a professional services environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Positive motivation to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to form positive working relationships and to work effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to listen to the views of others and to respond constructively to feedback
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a calm and professional manner, even under stressful circumstances
- Excellent attention to detail, balanced with the ability to see the bigger picture.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com.
Closing date: open until filled
Due to the number of responses we receive we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.