Salary—competitive, dependent on experience, plus other benefits
Who we are looking for
Reporting to the Foundation's Chief Technology Officer, the successful candidate will develop web functionality for the Technology Team and will provide technical expertise in web environments.
More specifically, the successful candidate will take responsibility for:
- building new and improved functionality through Sitecore and integrating with other business services provided by the Foundation;
- assisting in the rationalisation of existing legacy systems into a service-oriented architecture with end-user delivery through Sitecore integration;
- implementing and maintaining a range of web-based services and online technologies;
- preparing and writing documentation and specifications for new features or changes to existing features;
- monitoring and reporting on-site usage, producing monthly statistics reports;
- providing development and support of our Sitecore-based web site and content-delivery service under the direction of our Sitecore Technical Architect; and
- managing the web delivery infrastructure using Microsoft Azure.
What you will bring
The successful candidate will be a professional, proactive problem-solver who demonstrates use of initiative and can generate ideas. Requirements also include:
- strong research and software development skills;
- skills of persuasion and diplomacy;
- ability to deal with all levels of staff within the organisation;
- ability to form effective working relationships quickly;
- excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- self-motivation, resilience and focus; and
- ability to plan, organise and prioritise time effectively, especially when working under pressure.
Qualifications and experience
- proven experience in C#.NET, ASP.NET, MVC;
- working knowledge of SQL and SQL Server;
- solid understanding of modern web front-end technologies; and
- proven ability to synthesise user requirements into functional design.
- experience working with CMS platforms (preferably Sitecore);
- experience working with Cloud/Azure environments;
- knowledge of continuous integration and deployment (ideally, experience of Git and Teamcity);
- familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role, together with your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 24 November 2017
We may commence interviews prior to the closing date, so please apply without delay if you feel your skills and experience match our criteria. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.