Part-time salary: £12,000 to £13,000 (depending on experience), plus generous benefits
Hours: 20 hours per week (10am-2pm, Mon-Fri)
Reports to: Customer Services Team Leader
To support the organisation’s sales and marketing activities by working with team members to raise awareness of products, encourage and process product sales, and generally provide high levels of service to a global customer base.
The Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation which undertakes the sale of products and services in order to generate income and fund its operations. The Customer Services Team is responsible for supporting our global customer base in these activities and therefore has an important role to play.
Customer Services Representatives are the first point of contact for customers, and the team aims to provide customers with a polite, friendly greeting and a helpful, swift resolution to their query so that their needs are met.
- Proactively supporting customers and dealing with a range of in-bound customer service enquiries by email, phone and occasionally in-person.
- Processing orders and payments by email or phone and arranging despatch of orders.
- Reconciling all payment types with the CRM system.
- Processing cheques and bank transfers.
- Liaising with the Finance Team and our bank to ensure the smooth processing of all orders.
- Assisting with month-end reporting.
- Arranging shipments for key customers (ie subscribers): compiling reports, writing instructions and liaising with external parties.
- Managing product stock and packaging levels at the offsite warehouse.
- Updating system shipping data on a bi-annual basis.
- Supporting other team members with tasks.
- Working on ad-hoc projects as necessary.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills and in particular the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- High level of attention to detail.
- A motivated and customer-focused team-player who enjoys working closely and collaboratively with others.
- Positive and responsive attitude to problem-solving.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism; ability to remain composed under pressure.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work/time effectively and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to listen to others, follow instructions and respond positively to constructive feedback.
- Ability to use own initiative and to work/make decisions autonomously.
- Previous experience in a customer service role would be highly advantageous.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel) would be highly advantageous.
- 2nd language skills would be highly advantageous.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining your salary expectations and why you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 24 January 2020
We may commence interviews prior to the closing date, so please apply without delay if you feel your skills and experience match our criteria. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.