Reports to: Head of Communications
Job Purpose: Working as part of the communications team, you will play a key role in the development and implementation of the organisation’s communications strategy by creating high-quality, clear and engaging content and materials tailored to a range of stakeholders and delivered via different channels.
About the role
The IFRS Foundation was established in 2001 to develop—through its independent standard-setting body, the International Accounting Standards Board—a global set of high-quality accounting standards: IFRS Standards. IFRS Standards are required in more than 140 jurisdictions and used by many thousand companies when they report on their financial results.
The communications and external affairs team helps the IFRS Foundation communicate effectively and manage important stakeholder relationships.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, this is a newly created role to strengthen the service delivered by the communications team to internal and external stakeholders. This is a great opportunity for somebody who loves writing to use their writing skills to help the organisation communicate more effectively. You will take ownership of the creation of various communications materials tailored to different channels, look for interesting angles and stories to write and work with senior people to help shape messages, draft speeches, articles etc. The role will require you to think strategically and foster good working relationships with colleagues at all levels across the organisation.
- contribute to developing and implementing communications plans that clearly and effectively communicate new and changed financial reporting requirements, organisational developments etc, in a way that supports the organisation’s strategy
- supporting the leadership team by planning, researching and drafting speeches and presentations
- generate ideas and draft materials tailored to a range of channels – articles, web features, social media posts etc – distilling technical information into plain business English and ensuring appropriate approvals
- collaborate with technical staff to develop shorter, easy-to-understand summaries of technical documents and other short, infographic-style materials
- proactively contribute with new ideas and angles to explain and present the organisation’s work through articles, the Foundation’s website and other channels
- manage the drafting and production of the organisation’s annual report, collaborating with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- work with technical teams to develop clear and effective presentation materials for use at conferences and events, reviewing materials for brand consistency and exploring use of new presentation technologies and tools
- contribute to the development of short videos, animations and webcasts, identifying key messages, drafting scripts/talking points and supporting the person acting as spokesperson through preparation and recording
Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with organisational needs.
- Previous experience working in a relevant communications role or as a journalist/copywriter is essential
- Previous experience from the accounting, banking/financial services or legal sectors or from another organisation where simplifying complex information was a key part of the role would be advantageous
- Previous experience producing and editing brochures, larger publications and/or annual reports
Skills and attributes
- Strong English writing and grammatical skills are essential, particularly the ability to write clearly and succinctly for a broad international audience
- High level of attention to detail
- Good standard of oral English and the ability to listen to and interact confidently with others
- Strong team ethic; diplomatic team-player who can establish positive relationships and work effectively and collaboratively with individuals at all levels (both internally and externally)
- Excellent organisation skills; ability to effectively plan and manage work, respond to conflicting demands on an urgent and ad-hoc basis and prioritise workload appropriately
- Creative thinker and proactive problem-solver who can demonstrate initiative and make decisions autonomously, whilst remaining alert to the need to consult and update others as appropriate
- Positive and flexible attitude; high degree of integrity and professionalism; ability to remain composed under pressure
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 14 June 2019
We may start the interview process before the closing date, so please apply without delay.