Reports to: Head of Communications
Job Purpose: Working as part of the communications team, contributing to the development and implementation of the organisation’s communications strategy by creating high-quality, clear and engaging content and materials tailored to a range of stakeholders and delivered via different channels.
The candidate will work on a variety of projects to help the organisation communicate effectively and strengthen its brand, collaborating with people at different levels across the organisation.
- contribute to the development of clear and professional presentation materials for use at conferences, workshops, web presentations and meetings
- develop and maintain presentation templates, create and maintain library of standard corporate slides, making them available to all staff
- support technical project teams and members of the International Accounting Standards Board/leadership in developing materials as and when required
- run internal presentation sessions/clinics to provide support
- manage and develop the organisation’s photo library
- contribute with ideas and production support to create short videos for online publication
- project manage the production of the annual report
- ensure the organisation’s materials are consistent with brand guidelines and of high quality
- support web team in developing online content/features
(with focus on Twitter and LinkedIn)
- help enhance the IFRS Foundation’s reach and presence on social channels
- plan and develop content, including visual materials
- work with staff across different levels of the organisation to increase activity on social media, offering support and guidance
Regular staff communication:
- collate and distribute weekly email to all staff
- liaise with research team on media monitoring and internal distribution of press coverage
Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with organisational needs.
- Previous experience working in a relevant communications role is essential
- Previous experience from the accounting, banking/financial services or legal sectors or from another organisation where simplifying complex information was a key part of the role would be advantageous
- Excellent presentation skills, including detailed knowledge of PowerPoint and other presentation tools, experience in developing infographics, audio-visual materials (including videos, podcasts, webcasts) and creating/maintaining templates
- Prior experience with creating larger publications and/or annual reports
Skills and attributes
- Strong English writing and grammatical skills are essential, in particular the ability to write clearly and succinctly for a broad international audience
- High level of attention to detail
- Good standard of oral English and the ability to listen to and interact confidently with others
- Strong team ethic; diplomatic team-player who can establish positive relationships and work effectively and collaboratively with individuals at all levels (both internally and externally
- Excellent organisation skills; ability to effectively plan and manage work, respond to conflicting demands on an urgent and ad hoc basis and prioritise workload appropriately
- Creative thinker and proactive problem-solver who can demonstrate initiative and make decisions autonomously, whilst remaining alert to the need to consult and update others as appropriate
- Positive and flexible attitude; high degree of integrity and professionalism; ability to remain composed under pressure.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role, together with your salary expectations, to email@example.com.
Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.