Reports to: Head of Communications
Job purpose: You will be part of the communications team, contributing to the development and implementation of the organisation’s communication strategy.
About the role
The IFRS Foundation was established in 2001 to develop—through its independent standard-setting body, the International Accounting Standards Board—a global set of high-quality accounting standards: IFRS Standards. IFRS Standards are required in more than 140 jurisdictions and used by many thousand companies when they report on their financial results.
The communications and external affairs team helps the IFRS Foundation communicate effectively and manage important stakeholder relationships.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, this role will strengthen the service delivered by the team to internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for a communications all-rounder, who can contribute effectively to the planning and execution of integrated communications campaigns—using a range of different tools and channels—to communicate developments in the organisation’s work to its stakeholders. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates that are able to help simplify complex topics, including through use of more visual forms of communication such as presentations, short videos and infographics.
The role will require you to develop effective working relationships with colleagues across the organisation and build up a sound understanding of technical projects and the organisation’s structure, processes and key stakeholders.
- develop and distribute monthly newsletter to stakeholders, ensuring appropriate sign-off and liaising with web staff about publication on the website
- coordinate and circulate weekly internal email to all staff
- liaise with conference and marketing team on the promotion of events and conferences through relevant channels
- build effective relationships with media around the world, grow and maintain the organisation’s media contacts database
- distribute press releases, pitch stories and respond to media enquiries, ensuring the relevant people internally are involved and that the appropriate sign-off procedures are followed
- contribute with ideas and support to production of AV materials, such as videos, webcasts and infographics
- work with the web team to develop social media plans that draw attention to specific web features, maintain awareness of consultation documents out for comment etc
- check and ensure the organisation’s materials (eg slide-decks, conference marketing materials) are consistent with brand guidelines and of high quality
- develop and maintain templates and standard corporate slides, making them available to all staff
- manage and develop the organisation’s photo library
Specific duties will vary from time to time in line with organisational needs.
- Previous experience working in a relevant communications role is essential
- Knowledge of how the media work and how to effectively pitch stories is desirable
- Previous experience from another organisation where simplifying complex information was a key part of the role would be advantageous
- Sound knowledge of PowerPoint and other presentation tools, experience in developing audio-visual materials (including videos, podcasts, webcasts) and creating/maintaining templates would be advantageous
Skills and attributes
- Strong English writing and grammatical skills are essential, particularly the ability to write clearly and succinctly for a broad international audience
- High level of attention to detail
- Good standard of oral English and the ability to listen to and interact confidently with others
- Strong team ethic; diplomatic team-player who can establish positive relationships and work effectively and collaboratively with individuals at all levels (both internally and externally)
- Excellent organisation skills; ability to effectively plan and manage work, respond to conflicting demands on an urgent and ad-hoc basis and prioritise workload appropriately
- Creative thinker and proactive problem-solver who can demonstrate initiative and make decisions autonomously, whilst remaining alert to the need to consult and update others as appropriate
- Positive and flexible attitude; high degree of integrity and professionalism; ability to remain composed under pressure
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 14 June 2019
We may start the interview process before the closing date, so please apply without delay.