Compensation: £25,000–£28,000 per annum dependent upon experience, plus generous benefits
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant who enjoys taking responsibility for their work from start to finish. This is a varied role which will focus on providing an accurate and efficient accounts payable function, however there will also be additional duties in a variety of areas including accounts receivable and monthly reporting. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Set up new supplier and employee accounts on SAP Business One (SAP B1) and on the internet banking system;
- Review employee expense claims, ensuring they are in line with the employee expenses policy, and resolve queries with individuals and managers;
- Manage supplier relationships appropriately;
- Regularly review aged creditors and invoices in process, and take proactive steps to reduce these as required;
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or correct transactions;
- Set up new customer accounts on SAP B1;
- Assist with other accounting matters such as fixed assets, prepayments and accruals.
Read the full job specification here.
What you will bring
The successful candidate will be highly organised and focused who enjoys working with others, and who takes a positive and responsive attitude to dealing with accounting queries. Requirements also include:
- Recent previous experience in an accounts payable position is essential, preferably in an SME and / or not-for-profit;
- Currently studying towards ACCA/CIMA/AAT is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of accounting systems is required, preferably SAP B1;
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills;
- High level of attention to detail; ability to produce reliable, accurate work;
- Ability to work and make decisions autonomously, whilst recognising the importance of process & compliance;
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to listen to others; ability to follow instructions and respond positively to constructive feedback.
Please send a detailed CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 22 June 2018
We may commence interviews prior to the closing date, so please apply without delay if you feel your skills and experience match our criteria. Due to the number of responses we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.